Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but my V seems to act like a locked differential when I make 90 degree slow speed turns.

The tires act like my old Scout II with a locked diff and shudder when I make tight turns.

It does not do this at parking lot speeds, but only at 10 MPH or more.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Mike C

·
Registered
2014 ELR Black/Auto
401 Posts
It doesn't sound normal to me. I found this statement in another thread, "Here's a twist on that. When I had the CTS-V and at the dealership discussing replacing the rear to solve the "grind at slow speed turns" TSB..."

Sounds like you have a trip to Vic's service dept in your future... :(

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but my V seems to act like a locked differential when I make 90 degree slow speed turns.

The tires act like my old Scout II with a locked diff and shudder when I make tight turns.

It does not do this at parking lot speeds, but only at 10 MPH or more.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Mike C
Not normal is my experience - did you have all your fluids changed recently? Could be they forgot to add the limited slip additive required for the rear diff. .. ?

Rob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob,

I had all the fluids change out on my 3,700 mile trip home.

The place that did it in Vegas was a pretty Jiffy Lube with some sketchy looking guys.

I bet they did not add it.

I will have the dealer take care of it when they fix my tire pressure sensors and the low speed rubbing problem.

Mike C

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
make sure you look at the tires.. I saw a case where the 2 rear tires were cut on a ramps while beeing served causing a rubbing issue on corners on the side walls and not enough rear end fluid added with the friction modifier..

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Rob,

I had all the fluids change out on my 3,700 mile trip home.

The place that did it in Vegas was a pretty Jiffy Lube with some sketchy looking guys.

I bet they did not add it.

I will have the dealer take care of it when they fix my tire pressure sensors and the low speed rubbing problem.

Mike C
Good - I hope that takes care of it! I'm about ready to do the fluid change thing pretty soon now myself - I'm closing in on 1K miles, and plan to put AMSOIL products in, including their anti-slip differential addititive.

Good luck ..

Rob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott,

Know any fixes for the traction problem I have?

You must have sold me a defective car, as the tires just seem to go up in smoke when I floor it.

Any idea if the new wagon is going to come out as a V after the first year?

I would love to smoke a 996 TT and an M5 with a wagon.

Mike C

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
maybe you should tub the rear end and put some slicks on the car..

then you might break some half shafts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts