Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have missed an earlier thread, but does anyone else have a slow speed rubbing noise when turning?

It does not seem to matter if on an incline or not.

Taking car in this week to have it looked at and I am hoping they don't just blow me off.

Thanks,

Mike C

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
I may have missed an earlier thread, but does anyone else have a slow speed rubbing noise when turning?

Taking car in this week to have it looked at and I am hoping they don't just blow me off.

Thanks,

Mike C

to Vic's ??

report back please

I smelled some gasoline today on just a trip from PDX to vancouver and back....

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts

Thanks,

Mike C
I had the same problem and it turned out being my diff. They added some limited slip and it fixed the problem. Basically the clutch in the diff was grabbing on me.

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
i have this problem. has been present since new. first time i took it to dealer said they could not reproduce my complaint so i immediately demonstrated it to them. its a palpable clunk when backing out of a parking space with the wheel turned sharply or when pulling forward with the wheel turned. it reminds me of when i turn the wheel on my dually with it in 4 wheel drive on pavement and the axle protests. dealer said they could not fix it and it was not a problem.
oh and i have changed the rear diff fluid to amsoil with additive.
so no one else have this?

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
There was a debate a few months ago that the AMSOIL rear diff. fluid didn't require the limited-slip additive - because it was already included. Well, after some discussion, etc., it was found that the additive was, indeed, needed. So if you didn't actually add the additive, it could be your problem.

Rob

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
it was doing this stock from the factory and still does it. i did not change the rear diff fluid for this problem, but it has been changed to amsoil and i did add the additive. also the car just doesn't make a clunk clunk noise , you can feel it lurch a little. i swear i worry the axle is binding and is going to break. does it only with the wheels turned to near lock.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
^^^ Well, Surgin, my v2 doesn't do that, and I haven't heard of other v2's doing that normally. It's NOT normal, and if I were in your boots, I'd be insisting that the dealer fix it, (or take it to another dealer), or raise the issue to the regional rep, etc. Just sayin ... :annoyed:

Rob

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
i think you are right.the side supports in the drivers recaros will not stay inflated (i guess they blow up i dont know) and i have been waiting for weeks for "parts" to come in for them to fix it. i will re-address this issue when i carry it back in for that fix.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
rubbing when turning

I took it into the dealer and they added the limited slip additive.

Problem solved.

Mike C
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, maybe we ought to have the additive added as a precaution.
Olde Vic made you whole I see...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts