Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice, my wife scolded me today for doing repeated drift donuts around our snowy culdisac. It was great. On 5" of snow it was like I had about 1200HP. Love your pic.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
I hate to be a fuddy-duddy but drifting is about the most pointless thing I have ever seen other than proving to the world you don't have the vaguest notion of how to get a car around a track.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
dkozloski said:
I hate to be a fuddy-duddy but drifting is about the most pointless thing I have ever seen other than proving to the world you don't have the vaguest notion of how to get a car around a track.
Koz,
You're being a Fuddy Duddy. Don't you ever do stupid things just to have fun? Drifting does require car preparation and some talent.:D

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I don't do donuts, but I have been known to activate the TCS on a daily basis pulling out of our parking lot! LOL BTW, cold weather is great. The tires are cold have no grip and spin through first to reline, halfway through second, and into third. :lildevil:

Not the fastest way to accelerate, but the 16 year old in me is happy!

Really cool picture, Swft.

·
Premium Member
28,963 Posts
RobertCTS, what are the last words out of a red neck boys mouth? "Hey guys! Watch this!" The dumb stuff I've done involves some aircraft wreckage and some hospitalizations. Million dollar experiences that I wouldn't give 2 cents to repeat. Everybody gets their fifteen minutes of fame but it's not fun if it's in the emergency room. I owe an awful lot to some very good people and I'm not going to pay them back by doing something else dumb.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
dkozloski said:
:canttalk:

It takes driving skill and a nice set up on your ride (and a lot of rubber) to be good at drifting. I'll take it you're a Nascar fan?! There is only one way to race isn't there?!:cookoo:

·
Premium Member
28,963 Posts
onephatguy, I am a fan of all kinds of racing. Drifting is stunt driving like Joey Chitwood on two wheels and takes skill but has nothing to do with the quick way around the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts