Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My analog clock seems to lose about 5 minutes a week. I was just wondering if I should try to get it repalced under warrantee or if I was just wasting my time and likely to get another unit with the same issue.

So, anybody else have to adjust their analog clock from time to time?

P.S. It is ironic that I even care, as I can't read the darn thing from sunrise until sunset anyway...... It sure is pretty though.....

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
One of my trucks loses about 5 minites every 6 months, the other is very good, the dealer offered to replace it but the truck has not needed any warranty work

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my trucks loses about 5 minites every 6 months, the other is very good, the dealer offered to replace it but the truck has not needed any warranty work
Thanks. I could live with 5 minutes every six months. Not sure I want to live with 5 minutes every week. Seems trivial, but I am anal and can't stand it when my analog clock and digital clock in my vehicle don't match perfectly.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Thanks. I could live with 5 minutes every six months. Not sure I want to live with 5 minutes every week. Seems trivial, but I am anal and can't stand it when my analog clock and digital clock in my vehicle don't match perfectly.
I am anal too.

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
that clock is such an excuse for a clock.....my 02' escalade had an analog clock that was functional but my new 07' has a clock that seems to be just for looks.....i mean it looks great and all but can you actually tell what time it is....the hands are close to the same lenghts.....

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cannot see the face, let alone the hands at all - strange angle and glare.

My wife's 99 LHS, best clock ever. Rest of vehicle sucked , but nice clock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rotten clock in my 07 seemed to glare into my eyes on the way to town in the mornings and it was useless for me to use as a clock. So I went to a sign company and they made me a nice black peel off and stick sign with Escalade done in the Cadillac script.

I trimmed it to size and stuck it on over the clock face after I trimmed the small time set knob flush with the plastic face so it did not push up on the new cover sign. Even trimmed down, the clock can still be set by pushing down on the knob with a tooth pick. Now when I sell it, I can peel off the neat Escalade sign or leave it on.,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
The rotten clock in my 07 seemed to glare into my eyes on the way to town in the mornings and it was useless for me to use as a clock. So I went to a sign company and they made me a nice black peel off and stick sign with Escalade done in the Cadillac script.

I trimmed it to size and stuck it on over the clock face after I trimmed the small time set knob flush with the plastic face so it did not push up on the new cover sign. Even trimmed down, the clock can still be set by pushing down on the knob with a tooth pick. Now when I sell it, I can peel off the neat Escalade sign or leave it on.,,,,,,,,,,,Pete
Pics please :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts