Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is becoming a real pain in the butt,selecting any range on the seville is a bit hit or miss at the moment,and i spend half my time sitting swearing:rant2: and cursing:want: trying to get the thing into gear,jiggling here and there till i feel it engage.
Can anyone suggest a parts store that sells the linkage bushings as mine are all beyond saving...help...:quagmire:

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
Luckily for me I stocked up on those bushings when they were still available from dealers. I think that last batch i picked up was from an Oldsmobile dealer... They were used by several GM cars.

Those do deteriorate in time - I feel your pain. But I doubt that you can easily find any of them. I'm pretty sure that I have their part numbers. I can look it up for you if you think that'll help.

Peteski

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peteski...like you said,if they are out of production it aint worth searching for them,i'll think of another way round it....many thanks for the heads up though...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Found this thread while searching... You can get lots of little stuff like this in the HELP! section of most automotive stores. These in particular are sold as a pack of 5 pedal and shift bushings.

I learned about these little bushing kits when I was fixing the wipers on my Jeep (they would not go all the way down at rest and slapped a little at full power). They also have a kit that contains a dozen or so kinds of wiper bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts