Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can An AWD Escalade, be slammed and still retain its factory ride and shocks and NOT ruin the AWD. If it can is there a site or a book/video that shows how to do it. Everybody over here is lifting there trucks, I like to be different some I want to put her as low as possible without c notching. I would even consider total airbag replacement if theres a way to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
-Yes an awd can be slammed.
- No it will not retain the factory ride.
-Yes it can be done without ruining the awd system.

There are several manufacturers that make parts/kits to achieve this, even bag systems. Since these trucks share parts with other full sized GM SUVs, I would encourage you to visit the Tahoe Yukon forum (Google), where you'll find more talk about this topic.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was thinking about that. Don't know what the usual method is though. I thought of cutting the rods on them in half then thread them on each end to accept a turn buckle but not sure if they will come off the sensors easy enough. Then just turn the turn buckle until the desired height was achieved.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
blaze190 said:
I was thinking about that. Don't know what the usual method is though. I thought of cutting the rods on them in half then thread them on each end to accept a turn buckle but not sure if they will come off the sensors easy enough. Then just turn the turn buckle until the desired height was achieved.
Cutting the rods is the easiest
It wouldn't take much adjusting afterwards to get the desired hight as they cause a bigger change in ride hight then you would expect
To lower the hight you raise the rod to raise the hight you lower the rod

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Assuming there is air in the bags lifting the vehicle, it may not go as low as you want it, maybe start by disabling the compressor and see how low it sits on the springs alone and go from there

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got new Arnott shocks on it now and on level ground the bags are tight. There is definitely air in them when level. It just sits about an inch higher in the rear compared to the front.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
blaze190 said:
I've got new Arnott shocks on it now and on level ground the bags are tight. There is definitely air in them when level. It just sits about an inch higher in the rear compared to the front.
Gm gave the escalade a "raked" effect from factory

Adjusting the lift/dive sensors will allow you to keep the factory suspension and level out the truck to remove the "raked" effect
It's been done by a few members on here and had great results

·
Registered
137 Posts
Awesome.......I'm gonna give it a try once it warms up a little. It's crazy to me to have the rear sit higher then the front when ya have a leveling system.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
Replacing my OEM rear air shocks on Sat. Currently still have the original ones that came with my 06 ESV. They still work but leak out air after 20-30 mins with the truck off. I like the "Raked" look...to each his own.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Huddy said:
Replacing my OEM rear air shocks on Sat. Currently still have the original ones that came with my 06 ESV. They still work but leak out air after 20-30 mins with the truck off. I like the "Raked" look...to each his own.
yeah I'm good with it too i also tow so what ever adjustment i make to level the vehicle will affect the lift that i need for leveling under load... I don't think we have as much rake as the short wheel base

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just like a nice level look. Trucks are usually raked like that so they level out with weight in the bed or a trailer out back with heavy tounge weight but these things are made to level out anyway with the amount of weight they can safely haul or tow. When I hook up my 19 foot bass boat to the back of mine the compressor will only run for about 30 sec or so and it jacks right back up to normal ride height and rides very well. Really surprised me with the short wheel base. I'm used to pulling with a truck so I wasn't sure how a short suv would do.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Blaze I have towed many times with my shorty escalade and it does great towing

It levels out even with a roughly 300 pound crt projector in the rear strapped to a pallet

On the hitch I can tow up to 3 ton without using tow/haul mode no problems
It's so stable no matter the load

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds good. I've only pulled my rig around the lake with it so far since I've had my Escalade but plan on pulling it over and through the mountains with it this spring and summer. Can't wait to see how it does power wise. It was about to wear my old 2001 ram out after a few years of pulling. The Escalade has about 100 more horses then my old truck so I'm expecting a pretty big difference.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
blaze190 said:
Sounds good. I've only pulled my rig around the lake with it so far since I've had my Escalade but plan on pulling it over and through the mountains with it this spring and summer. Can't wait to see how it does power wise. It was about to wear my old 2001 ram out after a few years of pulling. The Escalade has about 100 more horses then my old truck so I'm expecting a pretty big difference.
It will make a difference for sure
Like the old saying goes there's no replacement for displacement

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's for sure. Although my old ram had the 5.9/360 in it. It was still way under powered compared to my Escalade. I think dodge only rated it at 245 horse back then and I think the 6.0 2005 Escalade is rated at 345.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.