Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2002 Seville STS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have been doing some internet research and it seems both sirus and xm make kits for GM cars to work with factory stereo. They both list them as 2003 and up. I have a 2002 cadillac sts and it seems that others hear have hooked up to 01-02 sevilles. I was wondering pros and cons of each. From what I have found it seems that the sirus system is only one box and would cost less than 100 bucks for everything, the xm receiver is cheeper but you have to also buy a gm adaptor which makes the best price I've found about 175. The XM seams to have the correct conector ? but the sirus will take some modification. I assume that if XM was a factory option the HU will recognize the XM receiver and display appropriately. I have no idea what the HU will display with the sirus conected?
I will have to install an antenna and would like to have onstar. I know that my car will no longer be onstar compatable after the first of the year, but being a 2002 should be upgradable. Do they have to change the antenna to a digital one, so should I try and find a newer gm combo antenna to use for the sat radio and onstar? Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Well in my mind, Sirius has Jimmy Buffett radio so having said that, it's worth any extra installation. :)

I know that's not much help but I had to say it

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
Take a look at the Sirius and XM websites and look at what they have to offer in terms of programming. I went with the Sirius and am liking it a lot. The SIR-GM1 kit can be purchased eBay new for about $60 shipped.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2002 Seville STS
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the sirus off ebay today, should come in in a few days. I'm sure I"ll have questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts