Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 CTS Wagon with NAV. I was thinking about getting the SiriusXM Traffic as I am in the car a lot. Worth it/Not worth it? What do you get besides pretty colors on the roads indicating the commute is miserable? Do you get anything else?

·
Registered
2013 CTS4 Coupe
63 Posts
I just renewed my XM Traffic/Weather. The weather is nice for receiving warnings when traveling. The traffic gives you warnings of upcoming traffic jams, etc. but most of the time I'm already in the jam or it is too late to make alternative actions. Also, the current weather conditions and forecast are very slow to populate. It is a very poor service for the money they try to get for it. Whatever you do, do not pay full price for the service. Your smart phone will give you faster, more accurate information. I keep it mostly for the weather warnings when traveling.

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
I found the traffic information from SirusXM to be of marginal use, even here in the Los Angeles area with its maze of freeways, at least one of which always has major problems, to say nothing of the heavy traffic. I found that the traffic info was not particularly timely and that the alternate routes it suggested were often worse than the problem I was trying to avoid. Part of the problem may be related to the terrible outdated software used in the CTS's NAV system. In any case, I decided that it was not worth the $20 per month it cost me, even though I drive a lot for business and can write-off the expense. Better and quicker info on my iPhone from Google Maps or Waze, both of which are free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts