Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2003 Cts, I also have a XM little portable radio player that i use at home and just hook it up to some speakers. First I would like to know if this could be hooked up to my system I got the bose with Navi? If so I also would like to know if anyone would have any kind of writeup or any suggestions on how to convert the ashtray or change holder into a little molded system the XM radio could fit in.. Thank you all!

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
That is exactly what I am going to do once I find
A spare one to play with. For now the ashtray incert, I filed it down and added a bracket so the xm clips on it, it doesn't look bad I just want to hide the wires and have it tuck away. Right now it blocks the fan buttons but I programmed the swc for the fan so it doesn't make a diff

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah me too, what kinda of system do you have? will my little xm be compatible with mine? 2003 CTS with bose navi..

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
I will add pics as soon as I get home. I use the FM to tune, the car kit comes with a receiver antena(magnetic) and then a output antena, I ran the wire up the windshield and tucked it in the A pillar on the p/s, then the stick on clip on the windshield over the antena. Works great, rarely do u get interference. Then all you need is power. Its just like any car, there is no way to have a direct line input on the factory deck.(That anyone has published on here anyway)

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm a bit confused mine did not come with all that.. hmm all I will have to find what model it is and forward it to you.. yah please take some pics I really wanna do this.. Also saw someone put tachs in the ashtray and did a mold around it, I wanna know what materials he used.. I am trying to find the link it would look so good if it was all molded in..

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Here's a link to the job I had done on my ashtray. It works great!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...h-2007/71491-xm-commander-install-03-cts.html
i had no idea someone had done this before..thats exactly what i have been planning on doing since i got the car..i just rigged mine up like this in the meantime, as soon as i can find a spare part to mod im going to mould mine into the ashtray just like that. except mine doesnt have that big xm module just the unit,a2 antenas, and the power.
btw that wire on the ground is the charger for my gps...the xm wires are all tucked in you only see 2 inches of them

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you get it hooked up to your speakers? Is there an Input? I am so confused and also Did you just use your aentenna? If you could take some pics of like install that would help , or like some kind of technical layout.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Are you in canada ontario? I can help u if you are

Mine connects using a FM signal, the pic of the windshield witha extra plastic clip on it is the output for my xm, it just sticks on.
Bronson has his xm output connected similar but a little different.
His car antena pluggs into the xm output antena and then the xm output antena goes into the antena input in the back of the deck...that's the way I hooked up my sisters in her RSX a few years ago.
Both will still tune using a fm frequancy that is how you get the sound. The unit brodcasts the signal on FM, you just have to go into your satalight radio settings and choose what station it uses,,,pick one that is unused in your area so you don't get interferance.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah! no I am in California, just so confused haha. Ya my XM comes with a aentenna but its kinda big like 1.5 x 1.5 inch haha , I am going to do this this weekend.. Also.. If I wanted to make my own molding what materials would I use.. I really want to try to build a little mount for it.. Like rebuild that ashtray into a perfect mold. I might just go to a shop and ask how does this hook up cause I am suck a begginer and I gurantee its not that hard I just dont get it haha I dont think my XM has an FM tuner.. So is it the same concept as like an ipod that runs off of FM radio?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts