Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
TripleOught, did you cut your bumper out yourself or did you have someone else do it. It looks REALLY good. Also if anyone is in the area with a dual for sale(Iowa, yeah I know I'm a loser but at least I have a cts), let me know.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
funny story about that actually...

brought it to the muffler shop, they said no way, don't want to be responsible...

so i went to a tiny little body shop by my house and asked the guy...he says, lemme take a look at this thing, see what i'm up against. he looks at it for 10 minutes, slaps the transparent cut-decal on there, grabs a razor knife and goes to town. i almost shat myself while he was doing it, but it was insane how fast and exact the template was. he cleaned the edges up a little and 20 minutes later i was off...no charge. he said he didn't feel like doing the books and was procrastinating. i brought him a 12 back of beer the next day...

honestly, after watching this guy, the templaye they gave was perfect. i just didn't have the balls in the beginning. if he would have said no, i would have went through with it being how a 900 dollar exhaust would have sat there if not. the guys at the muffler shop said, damn dude, that hole was closer than the stock one. sometimes stuff just works out...

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
d-dash said:
TripleOught, did you cut your bumper out yourself or did you have someone else do it. It looks REALLY good. Also if anyone is in the area with a dual for sale(Iowa, yeah I know I'm a loser but at least I have a cts), let me know.
C'mon man rep your state with some pride! Im from north side of Des moines and I have been all over the country and I still love Des moines.

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i know i know, i'm from downtown dm. I actually like it a whole lot. can't really think of any better place to live. where in n. dm, I actually work in urbandale.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts