Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then when on a long call, I'll grab some steel wool and go to town shining up the hubcaps. Total pain and a lot of elbow grease.

Next to massaging everything with Mothers polish and getting an un-even lustre... what do you use? How do you do it?

·
Registered
Cadillac
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that, Jay. I've been banned from the kitchen. ;)(y)

Between hubcaps in the dishwasher and boiling microfiber towels in a big pot on the stove, I've been told "hands off!"

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,247 Posts
I disassemble them. There should be some bolts on the backside that you can remove to release the center cap.
From there I pull the wire pieces out. Wash and wax the parts and put it back together. I use a good wax that last long.
I would never use steel wool on mine.

I have heard of acid washing but I have never tried it or had it done.

You think these are difficult to clean try the Appliance wire rims. Those it was suggested using an acid wash.

·
Registered
Cadillac
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I disassemble them. There should be some bolts on the backside that you can remove to release the center cap.
From there I pull the wire pieces out. Wash and wax the parts and put it back together. I use a good wax that last long.
I would never use steel wool on mine.

I have heard of acid washing but I have never tried it or had it done.

You think these are difficult to clean try the Appliance wire rims. Those it was suggested using an acid wash.
I seriously appreciate the effort... this takes a lot of time to disassemble spokes. I suppose "do it once, and do it right the 1st time applies".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts