Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts

I've seen this video before. :eek: The Toyota actually loses some paint and sustains body damage to the cab.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
There was no speaking at all...I couldn't get any sound!

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
This is actually a Ford promotion.

Check this one out:

Here's the same vid with a narrator:

Very obviously pro-Ford:bigroll:

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
That video should make you think twice about jumping on the Tundra bandwagon....that's for sure. I think the GM truck looks damn good in those videos. Did you notice they didn't compare the GM frame to the Ford's? Wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Silverado is also solid and in 08 will have the 6 speed auto with a boxed in frame like the Denali has right now.
I do believe GM has the stiffest susupension of them all. Which would cause the ass end to hop so much.
I would still stay GM has the better drivetrain with their LSX powered vehicles and in 09 a 4.5 liter all GM produced Diesel will go into the half ton trucks and H2. Producing 310 HP and 520 Ft/LBS of troque.
I know what I want.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow that Ford did surprisingly well. And watching the Tundra go through that reminded me of watching Roseanne Barr on a trampoline.

But I'm still a Chevy man.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
I'm not the biggest fan of all things Ford, but I love their trucks. My dad has an F250 and F550 with the powerstroke diesel. On the F550 we've towed upwards of 30,000lbs on more than one occasion with absolute ease.

They screwed up the new F250 powerstroke though. He was going to buy one right when it came out, but found out the way they designed it, to remove the engine you have to lift the body. It's a shame too, those twin turbos would be nice to have.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Where's the mopar...?

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
Ford has always made a solid truck, so has GM. Toyota just doesn't know how to make one for real. Sure, the old Hilux lasted forever, but they dont' make that anymore, do they, and that was a minitruck with a little 4-banger, not a big pickup.

It's clearly a Ford video, though, notice how the shots of the Ford don't focus too much on the cab/bed junction, and more more "commercial" and less "clinical" -but still, the truck holds up well.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a good question.
The sold something like 330,000 dodge trucks last year. Maybe they weren't as concerned because it sold half as much as Ford or GM:confused:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
The C-frame on the Tundra.... in their ad's, they even go as far as saying why its better and how much engineering it took instead of "throwing a fully boxed frame on the truck"

My 1994 Isuzu has a fully boxed frame with welded cross members.... new Tundra is pathetic IMO.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
The Silverado is a Z71 package (note the rear qtr panel decal) which is the sport suspension, hence the bounce.

F

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Anyone having driven a variety of pickups on washboard roads soon finds that each has a sweet spot a speed of minimum bouncing, and a resonant speed where it will fall apart. It is very easy to "rig" a video such as the example by varying the speed by only a few MPH to emphasize the best or the worst of each vehicle. In other words, the video shows nothing definitive.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
HAhaha, true. My old '60 Dodge truck had a sweet spot. I found it rode smoothest, without feeling like it was going to fall apart on a washboard road, at 0 mph. Other than that, it was just great, dangerous, death-defying, sitting on a milkcrate instead of a seat fun!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts