Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Silver MT CTS-V Sedan - Recaro/Graphite Wheels
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is currently at 3400 & TPW on 02/28..can't wait to see her! Ordered her through Allen Cadillac in Mission Viejo, CA. Great guys to work with! Ask for Cameron. They call me regularly for updates on my order.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this site! You guys are a great source for information about the V!

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
Can't wait to see this beast with the Graphite wheels, MT and Silver on Black. Your CTS-V will look sinister, and most importantly, perform beautifully! We can't wait for her to show up. We will be calling you with updates as they come!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I finally picked her up on Thursday and I can't seem to stop driving her. I put over 300 miles already!! A few comments from the wife and kids:

wife: "..feels like being on roller coaster ride. this car is fast!"
8 yr old: "..sounds like jet"
6 yr old: "..why does the navigation have the 'fasten your seatbelt' chime like an airplane?"..lol

here she is:
View attachment 73414

View attachment 73415

Came from a 330i. a few observations:
- cabin is not as quiet as the bmw
- car tends to lean more when turning (higher center of gravity?)
- unbelivable power and torque (reading about it doesn't do it justice)
- first tank avg 14 mpg (didn't buy the car for mpg though..would've gotten a prius for that)
- cabin is great!
- clutch and shifter feels sportier than the bmw
- DVD player - i was able to watch movies through the navigation screen!!

The car is far from perfect but at the end of the day....I would pick this car hands-down!

So now...I have to figure out how I can keep my promise (to the wife) of no mods?!

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
What? No dyno charts & info yet? What are you waiting for? Dyno as soon as it is broken so you will know the difference when you do mod it, cause you will.
Welcome to the forum, if you haven't been welcomed before, & congratulations of the car purchase.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
Did you put HID fogs in already?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gary: haha..no dyno yet, but i'll keep that in mind. i can't wait until she's broken in so i can really open her up. where did you get your car dyno'd at and how much do they normally run for? thanks for the warm welcome!

LitiGATOR: yes, those are HID fog lights...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V manual
448 Posts
- car tends to lean more when turning (higher center for gravity?)....change the dampening from touring to sport and u will feel less roll

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
elevated: i'll see if i can take more pics..

kirbyCTSV: thanks for the tip, i'll try that. hopefully the ride's not too firm for the LA streets? i might look into getting sway bars later..

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V manual
448 Posts
its rougher obv but thats subjective...i still think our sport mode is way softer than the all-time mode of my friends ISF.

·
Registered
2009 Black/Black V, Manual, Recaros, loaded
258 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Please drop me an email to jb_bgg at yahoo dot com. Couple quick questions and I can't PM here yet. Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts