Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Signs of a warped brake rotor?

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jayoldschool 
#1 ·
I have a '93 fleetwood brougham and it seems the steering wheel shakes a bit while braking or even when the car is rolling along at 5 MPH. Now I had a nail in my right front tire and it was a bit low on air when I took it off and put the spare on. It still does it with the spare on there to but truth be told neither tire is really that good and are bing replaced soon. Could this be a tire issue or a warped rotor? FWIW I replaced the front brake system in may of this year,this included the pads,calipers and rotors. What are the chances of me having a bad rotor(s) in a new set?

#2 ·
Three to four months on a brake setup couldn't be that many miles. My exp. with rotor warpage has been felt in the pedal with a pulsing effect and some vibration whey stopping from faster speeds. A shop should be able to check and detect any rotor warpage easily. Also, depending on the number of miles since the install., if a shop did the work, I would take it back for a check. If a rotor is bad, any manufacturer should cover it under warranty.

Is the vibration a new development, or just getting worse since the installation. I'm wondering if one side didn't get bled completely.

The low speed vibration in the steering wheel sounds like it could also be a front end link component.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.