Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 set 131k and this morning I turned up my thermostat on my dash and all my climate controls ac and heater defroster and wind shield heater is going random. .I went in yesterday for engine and tranni mounts .can this cause the module to go bad

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The AC is running and and the dash was bouncing from 42 degrees(outside) and 60 (inside) which meaning the defroster kept going on and off and the econ. Pretty much the ac was on and all the features of the electronic climate control was flashing off and on the display. And none of the buttons worked as they should

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Remove, clean and reinstall the battery cables first. These cars go crazy with loose or dirty battery connections !

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I have a optima red top and from what I see the connections are clean . Could the climate control module could be going bad. Because I heard a clicking by the glove box when it wasn't responding to the off button. So to sum it up the ac was running and every function on the climate control dash was blinking in a non random order.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,104 Posts
OK I have a optima red top and from what I see the connections are clean . Could the climate control module could be going bad. Because I heard a clicking by the glove box when it wasn't responding to the off button. So to sum it up the ac was running and every function on the climate control dash was blinking in a non random order.
------------------------
I have a optima red top and from what I see the connections are clean

the type/brand of battery is irrelevant -
and the problem is usually from what you CAN'T see -

Could the climate control module could be going bad
to list all the "COULD BE'S" - and "WHAT IF's" - you would need a 1500 page book -

it's possible the shop removed the battery cable to replace the mounts -
and didn't get them tight -

carnut made the best suggestion - start with the battery connections -

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I said remove them, clean them and tighten them. Not inspect them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks carnut I checked them the neg. From the big three to chassis was rusted and the factory pos was loose thanks its fixed

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,104 Posts
Thanks carnut I checked them the neg. From the big three to chassis was rusted and the factory pos was loose thanks its fixed
---------------------
see - the OLD GUYS still know a thing or two about cars -:wisdom:

glad it was an easy fix - :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never doubted you all I always go on here before I goto the mechanic so I can have some of an idea before they try to rip me off .or if I can fix it ill fix it

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
You are welcome!! Now PM me and I'll provide the address the case of Budwieser should be shipped to :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts