Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In his recent AMA at Jalopnik, Cadillac CEO Joha de Nysschen dropped an interesting tidbit when asked about the future of the ELR:

Johan de Nysschen said:
ELR will receive significant technical upgrades soon. The car is beautiful to look at and great to drive. We've made the investment ad t gives our portfolio something very unique
So what do you guys want or think it'll be: More power, better all electric range, or a combination of both?

·
Registered
CT6 plug-in, ELR, Tesla Model X, Ford Fusion Energi
643 Posts
In case anyone is looking for a link:

http://jalopnik.com/cadillac-will-debut-a-whole-new-family-of-v6-engines-ne-1687711116

Second question down.

I still don't believe "significant technical upgrades" means the same thing to us as it does to Cadillac. My prediction is that the 2016 ELR will be mostly the same as the 2014 ELR but with the Volt Gen II battery and engine (with 45 miles of EV range), new grill crest badge, and slightly fancier Adaptive Cruise Control re-branded as "Supercruise." 0-60 in 7.9 seconds EV and 6.7 seconds in Extended Range mode. No Sport+ mode that allows the faster speed before the battery is depleted. No other changes, except for some of the smaller C.U.E. enhancements found in the 2015 SRX, ATS, and CTS. Maybe Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but very doubtful.

And the price will remain the same at $75,995 for the base model.

For Cadillac's sake, I hope I'm way off! It'll be interesting to see if the ELR actually makes an appearance in Geneva as was previously announced before Cadillac removed all references to the ELR from the revised press release.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right. Don't forget this spy photo though, which showed an ELR with a camouflaged front grille, different wheels and Brembo brakes. They also had a Model S rolling around with it. Possible performance upgrades?

·
Registered
13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
244 Posts
Their biggest mistake will be if they price it the same as the previous ELR at 76k plus. Except for a few die hard EV customers like Blast that are willing to pay that price in the beginning the rest of the cars will sit on dealers lots again.

If they keep it at the current 48 to 55k price range I think they will have a home run.

The people have spoken on the 14 model as far as pricing and Cadillac needs to pay attention to that.

When the whole EV concept was first introduced there was supposed to be a Chevy version, a Buick version and a Cadillac version all using the same propulsion but having a different body on each model and priced accordingly but you can't charge more than double what you charge for a Volt to get a Cadillac and the only upgrade is a nicer interior.
True it went from a sedan to a coupe but that shouldn't matter on the price that much, sheet metal is sheet metal the cost is the same.
The only noticeable difference is like I said the interior, and that is nowhere near worth 40 thousand more.

If I wasn't still paying off my 13 V Coupe I would be a buyer now When the 16's come out if they're priced right I'll be a buyer then but definitely not at 76 K

Are you listening Cadillac ???

·
Registered
CT6 plug-in, ELR, Tesla Model X, Ford Fusion Energi
643 Posts
http://amperiste.fr/article/cadillac-elr-2016-viendra-en-europe

Here's a rough translation from the French:

"One of our correspondents was able to discuss this with a Cadillac representative... According to the importer, the assembly of the new Cadillac will begin in autumn 2015 in the Detroit-Hamtramck plant alongside the new Chevrolet Volt. The new Cadillac ELR should appear in Europe at the end of 2015.

"The 2016 ELR model will have more powerful, accurate, and comfortable handling. The Sport package will have even more aggressive performance. Safety will not be forgotten, with blind spot warning being added, for example, and a forward cross traffic alert. Also, headlights will adjust automatically.

"He said that the maximum power would be increased by almost 30% to 233 horsepower, with torque to 505 N-m [372 lb-ft torque]. The 0-100km/h [0-62 mph] acceleration will drop down to less than 7 seconds. Even better, thanks to the development of the second generation Voltec system (and probably an increase in battery size), EV range gains 3km [1.86 miles] to reach 50km [31 miles]."

Not sure why the article thinks 31 miles is more than the 37 EV miles the ELR already gets... must be a mistranslation of the numbers Cadillac gave the reporter. And I suspect Idleup won't be impressed with this announcement since he believes his magic ELR already accelerates from 0-60 in 7 seconds... lol!

It's also impossible to determine from this article whether that sub-7 second 0-60 time is with engine assist or in EV-only mode (but it's most likely only possible with the engine running, based on Cadillac's previous trickery quoting the ELR's acceleration).

·
Registered
2014 ELR Saks Edition
95 Posts
Lots of fishy in this article, starting with a claimed discussion with an unnamed "Cadillac representative", then seemingly the source becomes an also unnamed "the importer".

BTW, a google translate of the first part of the article seems to contain a claim that there was a [presumably 2014] ELR on display at Geneva, which no one else has reported as having happened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts