Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2007 DTS
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted here a month or two ago about my keyless entry range suddenly dropping off to a point where I need to be standing right next to the car for it to work, I did all the usual maintenance on the fobs and nothing changed. Then, a week or so later 3 of my 4 TPMS sensors went out (no pressure displayed in the DIC) causing the 'Service TPMS' message and light on my dash.

I was thinking about how the two issues are both related to radio signals, so I started doing some research and discovered that both the TPMS and Keyless signals are recieved by the same module, which is located on the underside of the parcel shelf, to the left of the big center speaker. It's easy to access, so I unplugged it, checked the connections and put it back in. TPMS seems to be working again (for now at least), but the keyless range still sucks.

Part # on the module in my car is 15946938

Found it online here:
https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/products/Cadillac/2007/DTS4DRBASE/RECEIVER-Rear/2932683/20803735.html

If I ordered this, would it be plug and play (Obviously I'd need to reprogram the TPMS sensors and keyless fobs)? Or does it need to be flashed at the dealer or something?

Any other thought or insights on this?

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,284 Posts
I would think it would just plug in and you program the fobs and tire sensors. But thats just a guess. I would go to the junk yard get a cheap used one and see if its plug n play. If yes and it works properly then you saved money.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2007 DTS
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea. I checked the inventory at my local yards and there's no DTS, but they typically do get them, so I'll give it a few weeks and see if anything shows up. Looks like eBay has some used ones as well, though kinda pricey when I add in exchange and shipping to me here in Toronto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts