Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mods,

Are there guidelines in place for the sig pics? I didn't see any anywhere, but I haven't really looked very hard. ;) Is there a height or width limit? :confused:

Please know that I'm not trying to bust anybody's balls here, or start a flame war. I just want to know, so I can modify my sig and keep everyone happy. :)

Thanks!
:angel:

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
There is no "written rule" that I'm aware of.
The problem that some have is that wide pics in a sig shift the page further to the side. Also the larger (higher resolution) pictures make it a little harder on the members with dial-up connections.
I would think that as long as it's kept within reason, it shouldn't be a problem but Sal would have to make the final decision on that.
BTW....If you want to reduce the size of any pics, and don't have a good program, I've got one that works pretty well.....just let me know and I'll reduce 'em for ya.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lux hauler said:
There is no "written rule" that I'm aware of.
The problem that some have is that wide pics in a sig shift the page further to the side. Also the larger (higher resolution) pictures make it a little harder on the members with dial-up connections.
I would think that as long as it's kept within reason, it shouldn't be a problem but Sal would have to make the final decision on that.
BTW....If you want to reduce the size of any pics, and don't have a good program, I've got one that works pretty good.....just let me know and I'll reduce 'em for ya.

Thanks for the offer, but I am capable of doing that myself. I do appreciate the offer, though. :)

I guess I was the guilty one with the wide pis, but at 600 pixels, I didn't think it was too wide. Others did. I'm just looking for something from the moderators to use as a guideline. For all I know, I have too much text in my sig too...

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
toomanytoyz said:
I guess I was the guilty one with the wide pis, but at 600 pixels, I didn't think it was too wide.
Like he said, no rules...yet.

I think that the length and width is what people have issues with. Especially people with dial-ups.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HotRodSaint said:
Like he said, no rules...yet.

I think that the length and width is what people have issues with. Especially people with dial-ups.
Again... that's why I'm asking for a suggested guidleline. As in "We request that your signature pics be around 150x400 pixels" or something like that. Just to keep everyone in check, and to have less confusion in general...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I just dont like having to scroll left and right to read posts...... And it would be common courtesy to our "lesser" bandwith friends....... I dont care because I have cable..... But I have accessed the forum on dialup, and it does get annoying, because you have to wait for the picture to load to read any of the other posts........

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
There are no guidelines as of yet. It's just touch and go and the moment. Images that stretch to the right in an 800x600 resolution should be considered too wide - since most people view this site in that resolution. Also, signatures that scroll DOWN a lot aren't the nicest things either - but it's not nearly as bad as having to scroll to the right...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ill dont mind long ones, but i dont like wide ones.......

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
elwesso said:
Ill dont mind long ones, but i dont like wide ones.......
uh.... we're still talking about signatures, right??? :histeric: :histeric:

·
Registered
989 Posts
toomanytoyz said:
uh.... we're still talking about signatures, right??? :histeric: :histeric:
LMFAO!!! I think elwesso's secret has finally been revealed...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
MMNineInchNails