Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV, 2014 Escalde ESV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 2nd Gen Escalade ESV's large black side window trim pieces mysteriously started falling off on the highway today. I heard this strange flapping noise that almost sounded like a flat tire, but since there since there were no signs of a flat I didn't think much of it; until I looked in the mirror. I could see that the trim pieces were opening up like speed brakes on an airplane. Upon further inspecting, I found that they were merely held in place by small, also plastic clips, and seemingly no glue. I cannot push the panels back in place because the clips are broke! There are six of these trim pieces on the car and four of them broke off, leaving them flappy and unfixable sans complete replacement of the piece.
Has anyone else experienced this on the 2015 Escalade, my 2014 does not and has not had this problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have the same problem. 2015i purchased in Nov 2014. Taking it in for first service and making a list including cameras, drivers door not correctly aligned IMG_1632.JPG , Nav/gps not programmed correctly. My wife still hears an occasional clunk when downshifting.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
My 2015 2nd Gen Escalade ESV's large black side window trim pieces mysteriously started falling off on the highway today. I heard this strange flapping noise that almost sounded like a flat tire, but since there since there were no signs of a flat I didn't think much of it; until I looked in the mirror. I could see that the trim pieces were opening up like speed brakes on an airplane. Upon further inspecting, I found that they were merely held in place by small, also plastic clips, and seemingly no glue. I cannot push the panels back in place because the clips are broke! There are six of these trim pieces on the car and four of them broke off, leaving them flappy and unfixable sans complete replacement of the piece.
Has anyone else experienced this on the 2015 Escalade, my 2014 does not and has not had this problem.
Yes! Mine happened two weeks ago...only one....I currently have it held in place with duct tape!!! Will be going in for scheduled oil change soon and will have the dealer do something!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing happen to me on the driver's door last week! It happened right after I left the dealership from having my GPS antenna replaced. They replaced it no questions asked, but worried about the rest of them after reading this.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Was at the dealer today.....they are ordering a replacement for me...the clips are broken.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
What I think happened was on yalls window trim, one or two of the plastic clips were not fully pressed in. This warps the clips pin to the point where pushing it in any more wont keep it locked in place. All clips can almost be heard when clicked in and new clips should solve the problem. Rolling down the assembly line someone did not apply enough force to correctly install them. This actually happened to the clip for the light in my trucks roof for the third row. It kept falling out and I looked to see the warped clip. They had to get a new plastic piece where the clip was not warped.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
What I think happened was on yalls window trim, one or two of the plastic clips were not fully pressed in. This warps the clips pin to the point where pushing it in any more wont keep it locked in place. All clips can almost be heard when clicked in and new clips should solve the problem. Rolling down the assembly line someone did not apply enough force to correctly install them. This actually happened to the clip for the light in my trucks roof for the third row. It kept falling out and I looked to see the warped clip. They had to get a new plastic piece where the clip was not warped.
Very well could be the issue.....

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
Mine just started doing this on the highway today! I have 2 loose on each side....

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Mine just started doing this on the highway today! I have 2 loose on each side....
There IS a service bulletin on this issue.....your dealer should have it....involves sub standard clips on a production run, they will replace the whole piece if it comes loose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Escalade. The passengers side front trim came loose in 2017. Drivers side passengers trim came loose in 2018. Now the drivers side front came off (2019)--out of warranty?

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
87 Posts
My '15i that was lemon lawed did the same thing. The dealer just glued them back on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There was a TSB out for the clip issue on all 2015 Escalade, Tahoe, and Yukon. I had three replaced under warranty, the last cost $120 on my dime because my warranty had expired. They side pieces are called "Applique Trim".

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
Here is the PDF for the service bulletin
Shows TSB PIT5450

·
Registered
2015.5 Escalade Platinum, 2016 Chevrolet SS (Holden)
17 Posts
Mine came loose in 2017. Had them replace all pieces, they mentioned the bulletin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts