Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 ats awd with the 18 inch wheel upgrade. Tires that came on it are Michelin mxm4 something or another run flats. I've had the car since November and replaced 1 tire due to sidewall bubble in January, another here in April and now....the other three have a bubble. This is my first car with run-flats is this common? The roads I drive on are terrible with pot holes and drops and I do my best to avoid them but sometimes it cannot be helped.

I'm looking to replace all 4 with non-run flats, I have a spare left over from my CTS coupe. What tire do you guys suggest, has anyone else had this issue with the bubbles?

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,521 Posts
I had the same problem on my fronts (18" runflats) and just replaced them with non runflats. Have not changed the rears yet since they don't have any problems and still have a lot of tread left.

I don't know if the spare for the CTS is the same bolt pattern as the ATS. Someone on here posted a list but I don't have it.

·
Registered
ATS 2014 A/W Premium A/W 2.0T
68 Posts
Your lucky that it was the tire only that got damage from the pot holes and not your mags. I had one tire replaced on warranty. Read the thread about the runflats replacement a few posts down. I was looking at the Bridgestone DriveGuards after reading about it in Tirerack web site. Let us know if you try the DriveGuards because I would like to see if they are better than the Primacy MXM4. Next year I will need new tires and I liked the Primacy MXM4 for feel and wear but if the Bridgestones are better.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T
14 Posts
I had a side bubble on my 13 AWD Performance with 18inch wheels, replaced them immediately with Michelin Pilot Super
sports. Way better ride. (But those are the best summer tire you can buy really) I will get a 17inch Winter setup also.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Black Diamond 3.6 AWD Premium
13 Posts
Get rid of them! Otherwise this will happen...

ForumRunner_20150511_203913.png

I replaced mine last week with Continental DWS tires best decision made. Car rides like a dream now and sticks to the pavement very nicely.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts
CTS is 5x120. ATS is 5x115. wont fit
I had the same problem on my fronts (18" runflats) and just replaced them with non runflats. Have not changed the rears yet since they don't have any problems and still have a lot of tread left.

I don't know if the spare for the CTS is the same bolt pattern as the ATS. Someone on here posted a list but I don't have it.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
I have a 13 ats awd with the 18 inch wheel upgrade. Tires that came on it are Michelin mxm4 something or another run flats. I've had the car since November and replaced 1 tire due to sidewall bubble in January, another here in April and now....the other three have a bubble. This is my first car with run-flats is this common? The roads I drive on are terrible with pot holes and drops and I do my best to avoid them but sometimes it cannot be helped.

I'm looking to replace all 4 with non-run flats, I have a spare left over from my CTS coupe. What tire do you guys suggest, has anyone else had this issue with the bubbles?
I have a 14 ats 2.0 non AWD, luxury with 18 inch wheels. Before I left the dealership, I noticed a bubble in the drivers side rear tire. Didn't even get out of the dealership before I had a bubble in the run flats!

·
Registered
2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those that switched from RF to standard tires...are you less prone to bubbling now?

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts
This would have to be true. The side walls are so thick they cause bubbles. But I don't think it affects the tire at all. If it was a non RF a new tire would have to be bought. I have 2 gashes in my 17 RF's 1/4 inch deep and was told no worries because the side walls are so thick. You get a chance cut one and see how thick they are. Then you could understand why the ride is so harsh. There is no real give when they need to compress. I was told they are getting better as the years go on.
those that switched from RF to standard tires...are you less prone to bubbling now?

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Get rid of them! Otherwise this will happen...

View attachment 301474

I replaced mine last week with Continental DWS tires best decision made. Car rides like a dream now and sticks to the pavement very nicely.
Hopefully those tires work out for you. I liked the grip, but they wore out really fast. On my fwd saab I barely got 20K, and my wife only got 26K (she drives like an old lady). I believe they came out with a newer version that is supposed to get better tread wear.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T MT
50 Posts
I had a bubble in my front passenger 18" run flat tire this past weekend as well. Yesterday I also went with the continental DWS did a 235/40/18 in the front and a 275/35/18 in the back. It really is crazy how much better the ride quality is and I got all 4 of them for only $750 which is much cheaper than I could find RF for. Strangly I had these tires on my 2003 z06 and had 15k on them when it got totaled and they still had tons of tread left the S was barely worn off, and they hooked too surprisingly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts