Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the side mirrors when I fold them in or out. The driver mirror especially won't fold out all the way sometimes. I've also noticed that it is scraping away paint from the base which is noticeable when folded in. It does this on the passenger side as well, but not as much. Does anyone else have this issue? I know it is a minor issue and I know that if I go to the dealer they will just replace the mirrors...I hate to have to have new mirrors that the dealer has to paint.....

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
I have a problem with the side mirrors when I fold them in or out. The driver mirror especially won't fold out all the way sometimes. I've also noticed that it is scraping away paint from the base which is noticeable when folded in. It does this on the passenger side as well, but not as much. Does anyone else have this issue? I know it is a minor issue and I know that if I go to the dealer they will just replace the mirrors...I hate to have to have new mirrors that the dealer has to paint.....
I noticed that the paint from the base is also scrapping off for my truck too.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Is there bare metal exposed where the paint has come off? If yes, you need to worry about rust and more paint coming off. We had a problem with our old Yukon Denali which had paint coming off at the edge of the wheel well and it only got worse over time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Is there bare metal exposed where the paint has come off? If yes, you need to worry about rust and more paint coming off. We had a problem with our old Yukon Denali which had paint coming off at the edge of the wheel well and it only got worse over time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I do not see bare metal, just white scratch marks on the black base.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had mine replaced at 3500 miles. It was scrapping at first, then it started making a horrible noise as it was folding out, then finally wouldn't open at all.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade - Black/Kona
55 Posts
I have this exact problem. The paint is scraping away and the mirror makes a grinding sound and you can see it shake as it moves out. Sometimes it wouldn't go out all the way and I could not adjust the mirror enough to compensate. I took it to the dealer and they agreed it was too tight. A service tech looked at it, not just the service advisor. So they ordered me new mirrors and I made an appt to have them swapped out (they exchange the covers so no painting necessary). After two days I picked it up to find they had only thrown some grease in there. Some other service tech had decided they didn't need to be replaced. The service advisor said you really never see that area of paint damage, and I pointed out when the car is parked with mirrors folded (which is most of the time) that's the part that shows.

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
I took mine in for several warranty issues. The paint scraping on the mirrors as they fold in being one of them.
The dealer called "tech" at GM and they said I am the only one with the issue so there is no bulletin or fix. LOL
The service writer at the dealership was going to talk to his mechanic or somebody to see if there is more they can do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On my second new mirror. Going back again for a third next week. Not scraping this time but just will not go back to the position that was set and has lots of give in it. Constantly rolling window down to adjust. Scratching head...again

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have this problem as well and have deduced that the plastic must be swelling during the summer heat because it only started occurring when Temps got 90 and above. I've asked my service tech to loosen them somehow to allow more space between the painted parts.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum 4x4
30 Posts
I had the same issue and noticed it as soon as I reached home after buying it. I called the dealership and they ordered a new one. It is now replaced and the new one works perfectly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts