Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without getting into too much detail, i let my friend drive my car and coming off and exit ramp, he lost control and 180'd into a cement pillar holding up the overpass.

i was riding in the passenger seat. the pillar hit me bang on and I think without the side air bags and Gods graces, i would be dead. all that happened to me was a chest contusion and a sore neck... other than that, i feel fine. i got out of the vehicle and walked away on my own power. thank God for the safety features in the V.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 Eforce LS3 V
802 Posts
Wow thank God your ok.

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Ouch! Glad to here you are alright but the moral of the story is...

I need a few things if you still have access to it before the insurance takes it. PM Sent.

·
Registered
2004 Raven Black CTS-V
135 Posts
DAMN!!!! Sorry to hear bout the car! I know it sucks. Thank god you are ok! I would call this the friend-delete mod!!!

What are your plans for the car?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
61 Posts
Don't know you at all, but glad you're still here... Go home & hug your family & enjoy the rest of your days... The next meal you ate probably never tasted so good & the air you breathed never seemed so sweet!

·
Registered
NONE
791 Posts
Wow, sucks to lose your car, but much better than losing your life! Glad you're ok! I'd forgive your friend too, but I wouldn't let him drive your new car!

·
Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,908 Posts
WOW!!! that is incredible....glad you are okay! If I would have seen those pics without your post....I would have guess'd you would be hospitalized or worse.

Hope you neck feels better and go hug your family!

·
Registered
07 - CTS-V
407 Posts
That's one of the reasons the GTO was scratched off of my short list, i knew i wanted side airbags in my next car. Glad you are ok

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Wow that makes me sick just looking at those pics. Thank god you're ok. Any plans on what you'll get to replace it?

·
Registered
05 Cadillac CTS-V
346 Posts
Glad you're ok dude. I don't think you'll be letting anymore friends drive in the near future but if you are, please make sure they've attended some type of performance driving school.

·
Registered
'05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys
1,070 Posts
ouch! great to hear that everyone is ok.

time to get your friend to a driving school!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts