Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Coupe DeVille
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 86 coupe devile with 67k miles and it shifts normally threw the drive gears but sometimes when im tryin to manuver in a parking lot, swithching from D-N-Reverse the whole car shudders as it goes into gear. almost like its in a bind or simething.... it doesnt do it every time though, my daily car is a camro with a stick so i dont have a lot of column shift experience so maybe its my Teqniique ,, anyway if Anyone know why it would do that itd help out :hide:

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Its nothing. It is fairly common for an automatic trans to shift hard from any neutral gear into any drive gear (forward or reverse). The one in my Brougham does it so hard it jerks the entire car forward. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Its nothing. It is fairly common for an automatic trans to shift hard from any neutral gear into any drive gear (forward or reverse). The one in my Brougham does it so hard it jerks the entire car forward. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Ok, because it does that on my truck too. If you give it gas before it begins to idle forward the tires will screech. What's the gear ratio on the Brougham?

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Its really low, like 3.08:1, but the thing just has so much torque it really jerks it forward, especially if the engine is cold and it is still idling high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts