Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,149 Posts
getting decked - 14' X 28'

·
Registered
456 Posts
That rear end looks familiar. Is it a Ford or Mopar? It's coil spring 4 corners so I'm thinking likely not Mopar. Really long trunk. Can anyone identify it? Wow!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,149 Posts
That rear end looks familiar. Is it a Ford or Mopar? It's coil spring 4 corners so I'm thinking likely not Mopar. Really long trunk. Can anyone identify it? Wow!
=====================
I think it was an Oldsmobile station wagon - either dark blue or black -

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was into my transmission the weekend Tim started the thread. I had a Holley-based QFT carb and the Holley corrector bracket for the TV cable was completely wrong even though it fit and seemed to adjust perfectly. At WOT the TV plunger was flush with the TV bushing as it should be but the internal trans TV bracket was 3/8 to 1/2" off the TV plunger with the throttle at rest. After installing the Bowtie Overdrive bracket things appear to be as they should.

This weekend I spent some time working on the EFI Olds manifold for the '79 Eldorado. My original aluminum one appears to be leaking; around the gasket. I decided I might be better off with a cast iron version because I've never had great luck with aluminum intakes. I was able to find a spare cast iron one from a Seville which another forum member had. I finally cleaned it up enough to paint. Great that I remembered I bought a lot of test-tube style stoppers of various sizes for an earlier project!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Submariner,
As crazy as it sounds that Olds light blue seems really difficult to find. The only source I found a few years ago was "Dupli-Color DE1608 Ceramic General Motors Blue Engine Paint" so when I needed it again I bought the same type. Even Duplicolor seems to be referring to it as GM blue but when I first bought it I think there was some reference to Olds. I'm happy with Duplicolor but when I saw your 455 I was wondering if you found another source/brand.

BTW: I love the Olds 455's! I have one in another '79 E-Body (not the Eldorado).

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts