Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a summary of some post's I put on Caddyinfo about cleaning the outside of your windows. If you have anything other than factory tint, I would'nt do this. Might scratch. Have a 01 STS and I couldn't get the windows to look "Showroom" Tried everthing. Most all suggestions from other posts.:confused: No results to my satisfaction. And then an idea. Do any of you have a glass top stove in the kitchen? The top is made from "Ceran" A type of high tempered glass. The cleaner that comes with the stove that you use on the stove top works wounders on your auto glass. Get a NON-ABRASIVE scrub pad, put some of this cleaner on it with a little water and scrub away. Takes off everything. Water spots, calcium deposits, sap and every other contaniment that man or nature can deposit on your windsheild. You will be amazed at the results.:) I think about the only place you will find this stuff (unless you already have a glass top stove) is in a place that sells glass top stoves. Sears, ect. Goes for $5-$7 per. Lasts for ever.

Rickster

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Elvis said:
That sounds great. I wanna try it!

Can you define "NON-ABRAISIVE" scrub pad?
I use cloth baby diapers for a "non- Abraisive" scrub pad. They are normally really soft

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Scotch-Brite makes a wool soap pad, they look like steel wool pads but they are made of wool, they are made for glass and do a great job without any damage. You can find these at many hardware stores

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why cant i use this on my windows if they are tinted. I am assuming this is for the outside of the window not the inside where the tint is? Correct me if i am wrong please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
burekv said:
Why cant i use this on my windows if they are tinted. I am assuming this is for the outside of the window not the inside where the tint is? Correct me if i am wrong please.
Your right. I know nothing about tinting windows. I thought the film was on the outside. Scrub away.:canttalk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Rickster