Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are some folks that have done some work to your car like wheels, lighting, etc etc. Show them off I want to get some ideas.

1:So far for me, new cross-drilled and slotted rotors and pads for front and rear
2 Pioneer Double Din
3:JL Audio 6.5 in the front I modified the stock speaker housing by just trimming it. I will do the rears later but the stock ones sounded better then the JL I think the JL needs power to them so I need to add an amp. They are the c2 650x evolution.
4: JL audio 12w6v2 and JL audio 500.1 amp. I have had this set up in a few cars dating back from 2008 I think
5: New Front plate because I got the car from New York and I guess they have front plates. We don't have that here and I know the holder is riveted in or something like that so it's not an easy take-off
6: Rear plate I used the DTS for the wordplay and the license plate frame and some people have labeled me a villain so it works out great
7: Red license plate led
8: Licence plate surround I have not installed it because the camera is in the way.
9: New Shift wheels and Vogues 20"
10: Bass knob
11: Rearview Camera
12: Chrome grill with insert (It was already on the car)
13: 15% tint all around. I wish I would of went with 5. I may tint the windshield
14: Paint enhancement semi correction, not a mod but took 12 hours. I think thet washed the car with a brillo pad
15: 6k HID in the fogs.they are freaking BRIGHT. I just modded the tabs even though they say they fit they really didn't yes I used the correct size bulb I just can't remember off the top of my head
16: Chrome mesh on the bottom front grill

That's it for now in the future I am going to do the big 3 wiring. Hippo 12" XLR which is 3,000 rms 6k peak and whatever amp to match it and a high output alternator. Rear speakers and another amp. Maybe airbags but I have a kit for my 68 Deville that's been sitting in the box for a year. Some lighting for the interior and 2 tone leather,

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,043 Posts
I like it. I did alot of the same mods
Alpine INE-W967HD
Digital media navigation receiver

Above pic before I did the Platinum interior swap.

Amp update.

Wing on trunk

Grill and Flashback DRLs/Turn signals

Red leather seats Platinum interior

Vogue tires

Dimpled and slotted rotors

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Killer set up. I thought about replacing my stock sub since it's blown but I don't think it would make any difference since I have the box in the trunk it hits hard. I hate the ghetto rattling so that will be next to fix before I upgrade again. Also where did you get the switchbacks?

·
2006 DTS perf
1,043 Posts
Killer set up. I thought about replacing my stock sub since it's blown but I don't think it would make any difference since I have the box in the trunk it hits hard. I hate the ghetto rattling so that will be next to fix before I upgrade again. Also where did you get the switchbacks?
Thanks, Diode Dynamics has the kit it was $70 but you can add a wire to the sockets to save some money. I opted to leave it stock and just added the plug n play kit.Came with a 3 year replacement warranty. Also you can replace your front grill emblem I did mine when I added the grill. That will freshen up your front end.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
10 Posts

Is this the "kit" that you used? Do you need to purchase the resistor kit with it? Is this the same thing as the Vled thread you started years ago where you did this mod? Thanks

·
2006 DTS perf
1,043 Posts
Omac, can you post a link to the plug and play kit that you bought to do the switchback DRL mod?
I looked them up and it was actually from VLED. The Diode Dynamics bulbs shown didn't work with my DTS. I would've had to add a wire to the socket. So I returned them. The kit I got which is plug and play is this.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
10 Posts
Thank you for sharing that. I like that a lot. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet but now that I know the exact kit that worked for you, it's only a matter of time. Did you go with the 5000k or 6000k? What are the stock headlights rated at?

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium
74 Posts
Thank you for sharing that. I like that a lot. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet but now that I know the exact kit that worked for you, it's only a matter of time. Did you go with the 5000k or 6000k? What are the stock headlights rated at?
The stock lights are rated around 4200K. I've purchased the V6 Triton kit, and while it is overpriced, (costs close to $200 after you've bought all the requisite components) it is the only plug-n-play method that the community has found so far to achieve switchback on the DTS, since this car does not use the dim filament of the 3157 bulb for DRL. If you're concerned about the cost, please refer to page 3 of Omac's original thread for a cost/benefit analysis. The TL;DR is that it's pricey, but nearly justifiable. Just make sure that you throw in some LED parking lights while you're in there. If your passenger-side parking lamp isn't already dead as well, it's only a matter of time, and I doubt you'll want to spend all that time taking apart the front bumper again to replace a <$10 light.

I personally recommend 5000K from Vleds for both the parking lights and the switchbacks. It's the closest match for the stock headlights and still looks pretty slick.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,043 Posts
Omac, can you post a link to the plug and play kit that you bought to do the switchback DRL mod?
I looked them up and it was actually from VLED. The Diode Dynamics bulbs shown didn't work with my DTS. I would've had to add a wire to the socket. So I returned themThe kit I got which is plug and play is this.
The stock lights are rated around 4200K. I've purchased the V6 Triton kit, and while it is overpriced, (costs close to $200 after you've bought all the requisite components) it is the only plug-n-play method that the community has found so far to achieve switchback on the DTS, since this car does not use the dim filament of the 3157 bulb for DRL. If you're concerned about the cost, please refer to page 3 of Omac's original thread for a cost/benefit analysis. The TL;DR is that it's pricey, but nearly justifiable. Just make sure that you throw in some LED parking lights while you're in there. If your passenger-side parking lamp isn't already dead as well, it's only a matter of time, and I doubt you'll want to spend all that time taking apart the front bumper again to replace a <$10 light.

I personally recommend 5000K from Vleds for both the parking lights and the switchbacks. It's the closest match for the stock headlights and still looks pretty slick.
Exactly. I also got the 5000k bulbs to match the HID headlights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts