Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just looking for some additional images of some performance oriented forged wheels. I have scoured over this site and can seem to find many pictures, it seems people just like to talk about wheels and not add any images to back up their opinions.

Any folks who have 2/3pc. forged wheels from iforged, Jline, CCW, Forgeline, HRE, etc. please post some pictures so I can make an educated purchase when I buy my wheels. Would LOVE to see some big rear lips, I can't really understand why I can find many pictures of V's with lips. Its like they are FWD or something????

I am not interested in Foose, Niche, or the other flashy flashy rims.

I will post up what I have found also.

Thanks in advance. PLEASE INCLUDE SUSPENSION SETUP.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think this setup is absolutely gorgeous..

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
The CCW 600s seem to have the most lip of any V wheel that I've seen. After seeing them in person they'll definitely be the aftermarket wheels I go with once I get around to that.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here ya go...

Google image searches FTW!

yea.. I did, it was the first thing I did.

I also went through quite a bit of threads & posts but they are mostly without visual aids.

Thanks for your input though.... I figured most of the established members would have some pics, useful or not....:bigroll:

The CCW 600s seem to have the most lip of any V wheel that I've seen. After seeing them in person they'll definitely be the aftermarket wheels I go with once I get around to that.
I've seen some CCW's on supras before, they are definetly nice wheels.

I think the reason they have the largest lip is because they are, for the most part from my experience, forged
1pc. wheels. They can run the lip straight to the wheel face and not have any lip lost in the bolts where the face mounts.

HushH I am in Tuscaloosa BTW, up here at U of A. I am def. thinking about driving into your town to stop by vengeance racing.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V (Blk, 6spd, Recaros), 2007 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)
717 Posts
I still think the first link u posted are some of the best wheels on the V i've seen... a hair big, but daymn, chrome would look reallly nasty on a blacked out V..... hmmm:stirpot:

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
HushH I am in Tuscaloosa BTW, up here at U of A. I am def. thinking about driving into your town to stop by vengeance racing.
Hey man, come on by. We try to get together around here every once in a while anyway. One of our local guys (z06-PWRD) has those CCWs and you could see them in person..

·
Registered
'05 cts-v
106 Posts
V's are not "big lip" friendly. You wont be able to find much more than a two inch lip. For my first V I even paid 5K to Asanti to custom make a set of rims for me, the best they could do was about 2.5 lip. I cant remeber why, but you wont be able to find any deep dish rims for the V.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
V's are not "big lip" friendly. You wont be able to find much more than a two inch lip. For my first V I even paid 5K to Asanti to custom make a set of rims for me, the best they could do was about 2.5 lip. I cant remeber why, but you wont be able to find any deep dish rims for the V.
I think it has something to do with the offset and the fender roll. It might stick out way to much. Mine is i think 2.5" but it is a one peice wheel.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
3-piece forged makavelli's....4" lip in the rear:thumbsup:

Wow, those are pretty slick. I can really gauge the lip depth b/c of the black but they look like nice wheels.

Where'd you get those from if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Those are nice looking. If you dont mind, who makes them, what size and how much?
dvinci. They are 20's. They are 9" all around. I wanted staggered but It was to late when I ordered them. I had to get spacers for the rear. Wheels, Tires mounted and spacers were $2300 with tax.

Here is another view. some people say they are to blingy but I like them.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V/408ci/ 503 rwhp
125 Posts
Wow, those are pretty slick. I can really gauge the lip depth b/c of the black but they look like nice wheels.

Where'd you get those from if you dont mind me asking?
THANKS..

i got them from makaveli which is located in the monterey park area(socal)...check out their website...lots of nice wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts