Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Heres a few shots I got of the car...including the carbon fiber interior. The car is such a beast. What's even more amazing than the car, though, is how well Andy drives it. It's amazing how talented he is.

Gotta love Caddi. Even their race cars have A/C :cool2:

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
All for now until we have more time to edit our stuff after the race with incredible action all day. All the photo of the run group can be found:

http://www.racedayphoto.com/

I was in the White run group -

I wish they would have an action shot of me being in front of the zr-1. Oh yeah - That car is just beautiful.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
i wish our engine bays were clean like that!

and i want bueller's CF guy to make me that interior! lol ( we only need 15 ppl)

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts

That intake is siiick!
How much? lol That engine looks very similar to stock, kinda. That hood doesnt look to be too modified to accept that intake and the support brace above the radiator doesnt appear to be lower, other than the engine looking like it is set back about 7 inches further than stock, why couldnt we run this setup?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Here's a shot of my V. I had a great day. Thankfully I had no incidents. My rotors for OC Autosports performed flawlessly. My QA1/Ground Control/Hotchkis setup kept me planted solidly and grippy GoodYear GS-D3 inspired confidence. I let my instructor do a few laps with my car. He confirmed that my setup was top notch and solid. This was my first track event. In the beginning, it was hard trying to achieve the perfect race line. Hell, I didn't even know what an apex was. (Yeah, I said it, :)) By the second and third sessions, I started to get it. By the fourth and fifth sessions, I was nailing perfect laps consistantly and at fast speeds. In the morning, being the slower car, I allowed many to pass. In the afternoon, I passed a few and only a few were able to pass me. :highfive:

It was great putting faces to forum names too. Everyone was really nice. Finally met Luke after all these years as well. It was nice to see where my money goes! :)

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Oh never mind, looks like the areas in the red circles here are lower. Wonder what kind of gains you could expect from something like this, custom radiators arent that expensive...

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
The sound coming from that thing was insane, that video really tells a tale. They said the car was 40% restricted!! Andy was so nice, answered all questions, posed for photos, signed autograpghs (people's cars) and the same with the crew. c4ss's dad got one of the sickest rides.... He took him for a non-stop 2 lapper. They said he would be hitting around 160 at the end of the straight. It really didn't even sound like a car until it was on the other side of the track and you could hear it through the woods. The car had it's own jacks too! They plugged in a hose, and it rose or lowered.

Even their race cars have A/C
it didn't actually, and it was so loud Andy stopped to take a break and put in two levels of ear plugs. He's doing the same thing for a Corvette club at VIR today.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
c4ss's dad got one of the sickest rides.... He took him for a non-stop 2 lapper. They said he would be hitting around 160 at the end of the straight. It really didn't even sound like a car until it was on the other side of the track and you could hear it through the woods.

He won't stop talking about it either! He basically video taped me on the course all day, and I know he was itching to get on the course. I was going to let him drive after lunch, but after he went out with Andy, he said that was PLENTY for him to get his fix :thumbsup: I thought he went fast when we were in it, but I can't imagine him coming all the way off of turn 10 with it pinned on the 2nd lap! Crazy :helpless:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,145 Posts
.... Hell, I didn't even know what an apex was. ...
That's the way I was at V-Day I. Got it explained and made SO-O much sense afterward both in and out of the car.

Keep the stories coming, guyz! Love it ... love it !!! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
so explain to me now please as i have never been on a track but i have one in september at NJMP and trying to find more between now and then...

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Oh never mind, looks like the areas in the red circles here are lower. Wonder what kind of gains you could expect from something like this, custom radiators arent that expensive...

Looks like its making room for the ram-air.

so explain to me now please as i have never been on a track but i have one in september at NJMP and trying to find more between now and then...
What do you need explained?

BTW The three track days I did last year, they did a great job in the classrooms.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
Looks like its making room for the ram-air.

BTW The three track days I did last year, they did a great job in the classrooms.
Tony --- where were you sir...

BTW - there was a twin turbo cts-v there within the novice group. Finally I saw one in person - it sounded great, but love my maggie sound of whinning then the whistling.

P

·
0 Posts
I also got a full speed trip through turns 3-9 on my first lap with Andy. The second lap was full speed from the bridge (before turn 10) all the way through turn 2. Andy said we hit about 160 mph. What an unreal feeling it was when he went from full throttle to full brakes in about 0.1 seconds at the end of the front straight. Unbelievable!!!!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Tony --- where were you sir...

BTW - there was a twin turbo cts-v there within the novice group. Finally I saw one in person - it sounded great, but love my maggie sound of whinning then the whistling.

I was at work :rant2:
Did they have a middle group this time?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I also got a full speed trip through turns 3-9 on my first lap with Andy. The second lap was full speed from the bridge (before turn 10) all the way through turn 2. Andy said we hit about 160 mph. What an unreal feeling it was when he went from full throttle to full brakes in about 0.1 seconds at the end of the front straight. Unbelievable!!!!
Cant wait to see it!!!

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
I was at work :rant2:
Did they have a middle group this time?
Yup - Intermediate - That's where I was put in - I could have easily stayed in the novice, but since they put Bob (learjet):stirpot: in then I needed to be there as well.

I held my own with that pack and enjoyed every minute of it (except for when the instructor was yelling)..

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts

what the apex is exactly.... i think i have an idea but what is it exactly...

and thats why i cant wait to go.. to make me a better driver and really learn what this car can do so that i can enjoy more track days!

·
Registered
2004 ctsv
224 Posts
Pics removed.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
So they hit each other or what? Glad they are ok!!!

Call me a dick, but that guy should take his diff out and his BMR bar, and whatever other mods he has before the wrecker does. Maybe he'll recoup a little of his $$

21 - 40 of 192 Posts