Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site just to get a little info on this beautiful beast of an SUV! But after looking on this forum I'm wondering if I should still look into purchasing one? After owning an Expedition, a Tahoe, and a Navigator, my ultimate goal was to step into an Escalade, and with this new body style and features. I think it's about time. Unfortunately the majority of the posts on here are making me have second thoughts with numerous complaints from other members including:

-slow CUE/CUE not working
-transmission whine
-side mirror paint issure
-sudden breaking
-trunk closing with no warning
-HVAC issues
-getting locked out
-POOR CAMERA QUALITY

that's just to name a few. I really want this SUV, but im wondering if it's worth it? For those of you who have been owners (previous or new) if you had to do it over, would you still have purchased one or not?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,459 Posts
Every manufacturer struggles with a redesign and getting the bugs worked out. I would anticipate the 2016 to better than the 2015. 2017 will probably be quite refined, seems to take GM 2 model years to figure it out.

S

·
0 Posts
I have owned five Escalade ESV's to this date. Current ride is a 2013 ESV Platinum, and love the vehicle. I will update to the new ESKY and I going to wait until 2016 to 2017 model year. I want to give GM a couple of years to work out the bugs that happen with a redesign of an existing model.

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just feel like for the amount of money you pay for the car, there shouldn't be as many issues. Has anyone had a hard time adjusting to the touch on the infotainmaint? I also heard that it's also one of the councerns dealing with volume, climate control, heated seats. I almost feel like a Yukon Denali would be a better fit with all the issues.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,459 Posts
Are you saying the less one pays for a product the more acceptable QC issues become??

....I haven't spent much time on the Chevy/ GMC boards, however as much as Cadillac owners don't want to hear this, TahoeTahoe, GMC and Cadillac are all the same. I'm guessing they would share some of the same problems where they share the same parts.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
jaydubb028 said:
I just feel like for the amount of money you pay for the car, there shouldn't be as many issues. Has anyone had a hard time adjusting to the touch on the infotainmaint? I also heard that it's also one of the councerns dealing with volume, climate control, heated seats. I almost feel like a Yukon Denali would be a better fit with all the issues.
The CUE is very techy so if you still have a flip phone this is not your vehicle. You can flip enlarge the screen like an iPad. The touch screen can also be disabled to show only what you want to touch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I for one regret spending so much money on a vehicle that is continuously in the shop. New transmission, 2 outside mirrors replaced, engine mounting brackets replaced, replaced the cameras twice also updated software, just got it back today because of 2 new recalls on the new transmission. Never ending. Disappointed and totally not worth the cost. I was much happier with my Infiniti SUV. Feel like wearing a shirt that say's "sucker" on it! Painful

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
jaydubb028 said:
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site just to get a little info on this beautiful beast of an SUV! But after looking on this forum I'm wondering if I should still look into purchasing one? After owning an Expedition, a Tahoe, and a Navigator, my ultimate goal was to step into an Escalade, and with this new body style and features. I think it's about time. Unfortunately the majority of the posts on here are making me have second thoughts with numerous complaints from other members including: -slow CUE/CUE not working -transmission whine -side mirror paint issure -sudden breaking -trunk closing with no warning -HVAC issues -getting locked out -POOR CAMERA QUALITY that's just to name a few. I really want this SUV, but im wondering if it's worth it? For those of you who have been owners (previous or new) if you had to do it over, would you still have purchased one or not?

Don't let it get to you. I have 14,000 on my 4WD premium white diamond ESV with the kona brown leather and automatic folding steps couldn't be more happier I love this truck in every way . I had zero issues that are in this forum . Zero!!! Well I did have to get the clips replaced on the driver side seat . But that's nothing . No vibration issues , no service 4WD no camera issues well that's because I don't have the 2015i lol . No tranny problem no clunk , no flat spot on my tires no mirrors rubbing nada zilch no issues no leaking antenna no cue issues . Which I love it makes the truck. My only regret was not waiting for the platinum . Oh well I'm the guy that has to have it right away kind of person. Pushed it to the max 112mph smooth as butter. Love the ride , love the way the door handles light up. I think GM knocked out of the park only if they get the rest of the kinks out . So no one would have issues with there trucks and they can enjoy them like I am enjoying mine. There is a lot of satisfied customers out there I'm one of them . I used to worry about these issues happening to me . Well it didn't thank god! I love my BIG DOG . That's what I call my truck. So don't worry about what you read I here .

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
I for one regret spending so much money on a vehicle that is continuously in the shop. New transmission, 2 outside mirrors replaced, engine mounting brackets replaced, replaced the cameras twice also updated software, just got it back today because of 2 new recalls on the new transmission. Never ending. Disappointed and totally not worth the cost. I was much happier with my Infiniti SUV. Feel like wearing a shirt that say's "sucker" on it! Painful
Imagine how I feel... I purchased mine in November, put $25,000 down... I've been paying around $1450/month and I've only been able to drive mine in December... It's now stuck in my own garage not able to drive...

Worst purchase/decision I've ever made in my life... It's probably going to be sitting there for months to come, while I'm stuck making payments...

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
Imagine how I feel... I purchased mine in November, put $25,000 down... I've been paying around $1450/month and I've only been able to drive mine in December... It's now stuck in my own garage not able to drive...

Worst purchase/decision I've ever made in my life... It's probably going to be sitting there for months to come, while I'm stuck making payments...
My Platinum ESV is THE BEST vehicle I ever owned. I spent way more than I had thought it would cost, but I am very glad I did. I feel very sorry for those who have had such horrible experiences with theirs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its strange, i had heard that buying a Cadilac would be a nightmare and that the quality of material etc would be rubbish.

Well ive had my 15 Premium about three weeks now and it is an amazing vehicle, not a single issue and teh build quality feels rock solid, no creaks or loose bits

I know its early yet and i can run into problems but in my experience with new cars the nature shows up immediately

So dont hesitate, go buy one.

I drove two Yukon Denalis and the feel cheap compared to Caddy

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
Its strange, i had heard that buying a Cadilac would be a nightmare and that the quality of material etc would be rubbish.

Well ive had my 15 Premium about three weeks now and it is an amazing vehicle, not a single issue and teh build quality feels rock solid, no creaks or loose bits

I know its early yet and i can run into problems but in my experience with new cars the nature shows up immediately

So dont hesitate, go buy one.

I drove two Yukon Denalis and the feel cheap compared to Caddy

Agree! Believe me, I tried to justify (in my pea brain) that the Denali was just as good. Every time I looked at one, I could not get past the interior. Just felt cheap to me.

Also, keep in mind the complaints are a product of forums like these…Last I read, Cadillac pumped up Escalade production to 32k units for '15. While the chances of the only 20 or so "lemons" showing up here is unrealistic, there are plenty of owners that are satisfied enough to get in and drive every day.
I had a RR HSE a few years ago. It had an insane amount of problems. I literally traded it in the exact day the factory warranty expired. My addiction to the RR forums didn't help the ownership experience. As someone would post a new problem, I would go looking for it on mine (and usually found it!) Point being, it is possible to throw out the baby with the bathwater if you spend too much time absorbing the negative...

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
^ he is correct about the Yukon Denali interior compared to the escalade

I test drove one and first thing I noticed was how much of a difference the seats looked and felt to the escalade

They are nice compared to the Tahoe but pale in comparison to the escalade

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
I've always had both the escalade for me and the Denali for the wifey . I'm about to start shopping for hers hopping I can get a deal in a 15 leftover . Not happy to hear that it looks and feels cheap. But anyhow wifey doesn't like to much bling and Technology lol. Just enough space to haul 4 kids and there equipment that's where all her cares begins and ends. Hoping I could find a GM discount code when I'm about to start shopping ( fingers crossed)

·
Registered
none
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I was thinking as well. However, I want the Cadillac for it's Luxury purpose.

----------

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. See that's exactly what I dont' want to happen. I'm not trying to get that shirt either.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2016 Corvette
70 Posts
Hello,
I'm on my third Escalade now (2006 SUV, 2011 EXT, and now a 2015i) and this latest is the best so far. Very minor issues with the first two - and I put about 90,000 miles on the 2006.
I have about 5000 miles on the '15 and no issues except a loose antenna that was fixed under warranty without a problem. I was cautious as well due to the issues mentioned by a few on this forum- so I went for an extended test drive looking for vibrations, buffeting noises and tranny issues - basically went over it with a fine tooth comb and have been very pleased with it. Gets about 20% better fuel economy than my other two as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts