Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, i took our dogs to the beach, as i was walking back to my car, i was approached by a man, asking about it (i was in the Eldo - it was last on the driveway) and he said he liked the look of it, and wondered how much i would sell for. He said he would be willing to pay £3600, now i only paid £1700 for it, but its meant for my younger son really, and id be silly to turn this offer down, wouldnt i??

I have his number, because i told him i would have to consult my wife about it.......

(£1700 = $3000)
(£3600 = $6300)

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
im flattered that i look like your wife , but dare i say im not equipped for the job ....

sell the eldog ....fine .....buy my car and promise ot take care of it till either A) the brittish fall off the face of the earth or B) till you pass on

otherwise dont give it up ...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stoneage_Caddy said:
im flattered that i look like your wife , but dare i say im not equipped for the job ....

sell the eldog ....fine .....buy my car and promise ot take care of it till either A) the brittish fall off the face of the earth or B) till you pass on

otherwise dont give it up ...
LOL do you really want to pass Gladys on to my SON ????

If hes anything like the first one.......remember the "im gonna kill my son" thread?

Nah his brother isnt really anything like him.

Im more than doubling my money, and maybe then i can find a better car for my son when January comes?

Or should i just apply the blinkers and pretend he never offered, i havent done anything to her, other than replace the lights because i reversed into a beam in the barn, i had to buy a full set, so now my front turn signal lenses are clear with orange bulbs...... rather than orange with clear bulbs

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Sell it and buy another one. Unless your son really wants it, then keep it.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think hed really mind if he knew we were getting him a more expensive car.....

there are many RHD 98+ Sevilles on Autotrader.co.uk for about £8000 ($14000)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i thought abuot this, and my son will be 17, i have no doubt that he will pass his driving test, he can drive now, but i think a V8 is too much for a first car, especially a LHD one. What if i sold the Eldo, bought my other sons Vauxhall Corsa, gave it to my younger son, and waited for a year or so to get him another Cadillac

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Well i thought abuot this, and my son will be 17, i have no doubt that he will pass his driving test, he can drive now, but i think a V8 is too much for a first car, especially a LHD one. What if i sold the Eldo, bought my other sons Vauxhall Corsa, gave it to my younger son, and waited for a year or so to get him another Cadillac
Good deal. You've answered your question. Do it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The 2001 is nice but so is this one:

1995 CADILLAC SEVILLE 4.6 V8 STS 4dr Auto Saloon, Petrol, 65,000 miles, . 32v 300 hp auto, polo metallic green, magnolia leather,with service history, usual cadillac luxury. excellent condition, tax mot.. . . . . (private)
£4,995
1 miles

What do you think about that one??Plus you would still have about 1400 pounds left over from the sale(even though you probably have that in your sofa:D)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
addison_ii said:
The 2001 is nice but so is this one:

1995 CADILLAC SEVILLE 4.6 V8 STS 4dr Auto Saloon, Petrol, 65,000 miles, . 32v 300 hp auto, polo metallic green, magnolia leather,with service history, usual cadillac luxury. excellent condition, tax mot.. . . . . (private)
£4,995
1 miles

What do you think about that one??Plus you would still have about 1400 pounds left over from the sale(even though you probably have that in your sofa:D)
That is apparently in my town, because the place i live is all around me for at least a mile, and i have never seen this car at all, it is a local phone number too......

I did notice this car straight away actually, and if it is local, i REALLY want to meet the guy who owns it.......

I have not got £1400 in the back of my sofa

There is actually £1360.99 in it :p

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stoneage_Caddy said:
oh wait , your sons gonna drive it ? i take back my offer and rasie you a "sell the eldog and get him a underpowered POS"
LOL

The Corsas have plenty power :sneaky:

1.4 litre hehe

I find it hard to believe i have lived in the same town as that Seville on AT and have never seen it, but i have a pretty good idea of the hosuing development it is on judging by the gates and buildings behind it, im going to drive up there tomorrow and see if it is there..

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
That is apparently in my town, because the place i live is all around me for at least a mile, and i have never seen this car at all, it is a local phone number too......

I did notice this car straight away actually, and if it is local, i REALLY want to meet the guy who owns it.......

I have not got £1400 in the back of my sofa

There is actually £1360.99 in it :p
HAHA, I was close. but the 1995 would be nice plus it's obd1 and can have a Fastchip put in it.(If needed) Not to mention it's almost the same car as your 99.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
addison_ii said:
HAHA, I was close. but the 1995 would be nice plus it's obd1 and can have a Fastchip put in it.(If needed) Not to mention it's almost the same car as your 99.
Yeah, apart from it has slightly older looking styling, i quite like the tail lights on that as well. Im going to drive up to those houses tomorrow and see if it is there, because i recognise the place behind it in the photograph.....

I cant belive i never saw this guy, its a real small place where i live, maybe about 2 1/2 miles square

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
I sold it :D

The guy came over today, looked it over, drove it etc, and left me a cheque for £3600 :D:D:D:D

what if it is a bad check? ha now that i got you worrying... hehe. ok well now you can go out and buy a Fleetwood and not give it to your son. just tell him to get his own damn job/ car like my dad did. its YOUR money anyway, did that little freeloader chip in anything? :D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
what if it is a bad check? ha now that i got you worrying... hehe. ok well now you can go out and buy a Fleetwood and not give it to your son. just tell him to get his own damn job/ car like my dad did. its YOUR money anyway, did that little freeloader chip in anything? :D
LOL i still have the car until the cheque clears :D

HE gave me £500 towards the initial purchase price..........

The Fleetwood is coming, dont you worry :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
6 Participants
mccombie_5