Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been dealing with a stumbling problem for some time. Replaced wires, plugs, egr, rotor, distributor cap, fuel filter, cleaned EGR tubes, O2 sensor. Nothing helped so I took it to AUTO LAB for a diagnostic test because I was getting no codes on the OBD I. They got a bunch of codes all of a sudden when they warmed up the vehicle. They were 19, 16, 18, 15, 12, 24, 27, 26, 21, 23, 20, 48, 77. I am assuming all of them were starting with a "P" because of the electrical problem they said I had. They wrote down, 2 additional hours of diagnostic testing needed as it may be a bad ECM or a Bad harness. Cost per hour of diagnostic work $80.00 per hour. I can get a new AC Delco ECM for $77.00! Any suggestions would be greatfull!! This is an 89 Cadillac Deville with 4.5 litre, 74,000 miles!

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Are you sure about that $$? They may be quoting you an ignition module or something of that sort... for my 1986 Camaro the BRAIN or ECM was several hundred.... :hmm: Granted mine was the Berlinetta model with the digital dash and push button everything... hmmm kinda like a Caddy just not as comfortable! But if it is under $80 and you want to do it yourself go for it and see what happens... just make sure you check for codes when you are done and see if they come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts