Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Sedan Deville with the standard speakers and a cassette head unit. Reception is lacking, radio presets are limited to four, and I don’t have any cassettes, so I’d like to swap this unit in a way that would be easy, relatively inexpensive, and would blend in with the rest of the interior. I have found CD/Tape head units on EBay for this model, but I believe they are Bose, which could be complicated. In addition, they run from $285 to $325, which I believe is a lot of money for a 10 year old unit. I have also seen Pioneer's DEH-P77DH, which looks nice and some of the back lighting should match the dashes digital green readout, but I’m not sure if it would be an easy swap. One last no-cost option is just to hook my old Car Discman from the early Nineties to the current unit using a cassette adaptor. Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
geigs said:
I have a 94 Sedan Deville with the standard speakers and a cassette head unit. Reception is lacking, radio presets are limited to four, and I don’t have any cassettes, so I’d like to swap this unit in a way that would be easy, relatively inexpensive, and would blend in with the rest of the interior. I have found CD/Tape head units on EBay for this model, but I believe they are Bose, which could be complicated. In addition, they run from $285 to $325, which I believe is a lot of money for a 10 year old unit. I have also seen Pioneer's DEH-P77DH, which looks nice and some of the back lighting should match the dashes digital green readout, but I’m not sure if it would be an easy swap. One last no-cost option is just to hook my old Car Discman from the early Nineties to the current unit using a cassette adaptor. Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
ok here is my 2 cents. Find a dollar amount you want to spend on a head unit. start looking for the best buy you can find put it in and your done. DO NOT but the bose system you will be disappointed. About using your old discman i do that now till i acually buy my system for this car. Swapping out the headunit for an aftermarket is a cakewalk. let me know if you have anymore questions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts