Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the opportunity to buy a 2009 CTS-V, locally (the same place I bought my 2005 V - a small independent dealer, that only keep around 20 cars on their lot at a time, if not less).

It's got 14,400 miles, black, 'ebony' interior, Recaro seats, automatic transmission, ultraview sunroof, navigation, flawless inside and out (ok it has a few minor rock dings on the front fascia, but that's normal in my opinion for any black car). Also it has an exhaust - not sure what kind, but most DEFINITELY aftermarket - LOUD.

Question 1 - The owner said he would give it to me for $50,000 even. Add TTL on top of it, and i'd drive off the lot with everything taken care of, license plates, ttl, full tank of gas, and an oil change, for $53700.00... Should I go for it?

Question 2 - I'll be honest; i think the stock V's exhaust is perfect - this thing is just too loud for me. Driving down the freeway it was just annoying. At 70mph it is way, way too loud. If i wanted to revert back to stock, that would be fairly painless, right? Do you think someone would be willing to do a swap on the exhausts? (my aftermarket for their stock)?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap
244 Posts
I personally think it is on the higher side considering that you can order a 2011 sedan for 62K and change.
I was watching the prices in the last few weeks and a dealer that want the car gone will let it go mid to low 40K. Now that one has Recaros and that will probably push it to mid to high 40K but not 50K.
On the other hand if that makes you happy and the car is in a good shape then go for it.
HTH,
George

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm getting an auto, so that isn't the issue.

If you think that's too high, I can wait a bit. I thought it was good price for a fully loaded car.

·
Registered
None (yet)
119 Posts
I'm getting an auto, so that isn't the issue.

If you think that's too high, I can wait a bit. I thought it was good price for a fully loaded car.
I don't think that is a bad price, as it is local and lower mileage. You may find a bit cheaper, but across the country, higher mileage etc.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, 2011 CTS Coupe
22 Posts
I just got a white black w/recaros, chrome wheels, and roof today. I can probably sell for 50.5k Cadillac Certified. Call me tomorrow

609-820-7058
Tim

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Have you sold your V1? I'm also in the market for a V2 (my V will be listed this month). From my looking around, $50k seems to be what most 09s are going for. If it has under 15k miles and is fully loaded, i'd say go for it.

Or, you can wait a few months and hope they drop to the mid $40k range.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey man, been a while -
No haven't sold the V1 yet; don't plan to until I get the V2. Also since dealers are offering $12k on the V1 trade-in value i can tell you right now i won't be trading it in...

Yeah i'm sure in a few months when gas prices hit $4.75/gallon these cars will drop down, but i'm too impatient =(

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, whisler - I had planned on driving up to wait4meperformance to have Jesse do some work on the V2 (as you know, i kept my V1 stock for the most part... i don't plan on making that mistake with the v2 i promise).

Let me know if you and your wife would be up for taking the drive up there too, so he could work on both our cars?

I'm getting married the beginning of April, and have already talked with my fiance about doing it :)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Also, whisler - I had planned on driving up to wait4meperformance to have Jesse do some work on the V2 (as you know, i kept my V1 stock for the most part... i don't plan on making that mistake with the v2 i promise).

Let me know if you and your wife would be up for taking the drive up there too, so he could work on both our cars?

I'm getting married the beginning of April, and have already talked with my fiance about doing it :)
I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. Been there done that, not modding my daily driver (except for lowering springs, exhaust and visual mods). No tune, headers, pully, cam, etc.

Just need to sell my V first.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aw man, see i haven't done anything mechanical to my V, so i don't have any nightmares/horror-stories (yet).

You're in a good situation though with a V2. 556HP and a full factory warranty - can't go wrong there

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
was it fully loaded though? seems you can find Vs for mid $40s under 10k miles, but with no recaros, no roof, etc.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
was it fully loaded though? seems you can find Vs for mid $40s under 10k miles, but with no recaros, no roof, etc.
Where? I haven't found any. I dont want recaros, a roof or polished wheels (just going to powder coat them black).

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where? I haven't found any. I dont want recaros, a roof or polished wheels (just going to powder coat them black).
I take that back; i guess they have slightly over 10,000 miles, but still in the $40s.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=b&num_records=25&cardist=1057&standard=false
^^ that's one of them.

I apologize, i've looked at so many of these cars, and dismissed so many because they didn't have the options i wanted, it's all starting to run together...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts