Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of threads about this topic, but I need to replace my Bridgestoen Potenza s03 245/45. I like the tire a lot, I got about 14,000 miles out of them. Is it really worth me bumping up to a 255....or should i just stick with the 245s? I feel like that little of a difference in width wont make a difference.

thanks,
john

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
oceanhut said:
Lots of threads about this topic, but I need to replace my Bridgestoen Potenza s03 245/45. I like the tire a lot, I got about 14,000 miles out of them. Is it really worth me bumping up to a 255....or should i just stick with the 245s? I feel like that little of a difference in width wont make a difference.
Not sure. I just changed to GSD3 255s all the way around and I'm still waiting for them to break in (I guess). Why? Well, I STILL can't nail it in first gear without the rear-tires breaking loose...

Which leads me to another comment (apologies for threadjack, but definitely related to your comment)---in my opinion (as generally agreed upon by the masses---it doesn't mean much...), once you start legitimately start getting over 450 rwtq, you will seriously want to consider doing something to make the rear tires hook up. I was hoping that going up in size to 255s would help, but, up to now, it hasn't. It is not possible to go WOT in first gear in my car. 2nd gear is possible, but it's seems to be straining to maintain traction.

3rd gear (probably my favorite gear) is a pack of fun though, as is 4th gear... :lildevil:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alcast082 said:
on the rear stick 275/40 and keep 245/45 on the front
The difference is very nice, and the car needs thicker tires

will there be a difference in diameter between that 275 and the 245? I guess if you stagger the sizes you cant rotate.

·
Registered
523 Posts
can only rotate back with back and front with front.
unless you want a 275 and a 245 in the front. A slight mismatch:crowded:

·
Registered
'04 CTSV
60 Posts
alcast082 said:
on the rear stick 275/40 and keep 245/45 on the front
The difference is very nice, and the car needs thicker tires
I did the same. You can feel those 275s hook up. I think we have to sneak up on the "wheel hop" issue, and that that's another step in the right direction.

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
do you need to use a spacer to put the 275s on the back? any problem with such wide tires on the stock rim?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
GOTTSPD said:
do you need to use a spacer to put the 275s on the back? any problem with such wide tires on the stock rim?
No and no is my understanding.

However, if I was going to put 275 on my rears, I would modify (widen) them (hopefully) exactly the way that Lawfive did. They look far better then just squeezing them on the stock rim.

·
Registered
261 Posts
oceanhut said:
will there be a difference in diameter between that 275 and the 245? I guess if you stagger the sizes you cant rotate.
The diameter differences are almost nothing.

Tire Size Diameter Circumference
245/45 26.68" 83.82"
275/40 26.66" 83.76"

Just in case you're wondering, this will produce an error in MPH of 0.07% (seven tenths of one percent). That's enough to give you a reading of 101 at 100mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts