Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a friend selling a 2006 Cadillac DTS with 180k he’s asking 2500 now how many miles do this year and make and model usual last for before turning into crap?

It seems like a good deal but to many miles so I just wanna get a just of how many miles until they shit the bed thanks I’d appreciate feed back

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,607 Posts
It's a high mileage, high maintenance, expensive repair car. All maintenance/repair documented? Your call. At 180K everything is going to wear out tomorrow morning. $2500 is a bit high, but you might get a couple of years of good use out of it. Might.

KBB trade-in value is about $800. Private sale - high dollar - is $2500.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would not purchase it at that price. That mileage is also too high for me. If you buy it at that price GOOD LUCK, you might need it !!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I may be a little late to the party but...

I would not buy any car with that kind of mileage unless it was from the original owner and all maintenance was documented. Even then, I'd probably still pass. Like Submariner409 mentioned, anything that goes wrong is probably going to cost more than the car is worth.

I have a personal rule: Any car that starts to cost me more than $2k in repairs per year (for 2 or more years) goes on the chopping block. I've adjusted that figure up a little for my DTS but fortunately nothing has failed or broken on my low mileage base model, but when it does... I'm not married to it, I just drive it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
stay away. not even worth going through all the paperwork

i mean it might be fun for a year tops but i dont really see the point at 180k miles. im not sure i'd even buy one of these over 100k miles, and i love the car

·
Registered
679 Posts
I sold my lux 3 06 DTS over a year ago for $1600. It had 135k miles on it but body and interior was very good condition and everything worked....... sounds too high to me. Besides, if the timing chain tensioners are original, I would stay away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my 06 DTS for 500 dollars. 1 year, I have replaced all the front suspension basically except the cv shaft, drive belt, rear calipers, all rotors/brakes, rear lateral links, oil filter adapter housing gasket, rear struts/shocks (original it had air shocks), all spark plugs, 4 coils, secondary air pump, secondary air check valve and a rear bearing assembly. Not to mention, flushed power steering, flushed engine, flushed coolant, and next on the list is transmission fluid flush and need to do valve covers. Car sits at 194k miles. Overall I like the car but I did all the maintenance but if I paid a shop, it would not have been worth it, ALSO TO NOTE, the shops in my area will NOT touch my car BECAUSE of the Northstar engine, only the local dealer will.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a friend selling a 2006 Cadillac DTS with 180k he’s asking 2500 now how many miles do this year and make and model usual last for before turning into crap?

It seems like a good deal but to many miles so I just wanna get a just of how many miles until they shit the bed thanks I’d appreciate feed back
It's a high mileage, high maintenance, expensive repair car. All maintenance/repair documented? Your call. At 180K everything is going to wear out tomorrow morning. $2500 is a bit high, but you might get a couple of years of good use out of it. Might.

KBB trade-in value is about $800. Private sale - high dollar - is $2500.
Way to high a price, Just look at my post above. I agree with Submariner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts