Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escalade ESV, 2014 ATS, 2015 ATS, 2016 Escalade
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says should I get a discount for paying cash?

·
Registered
2013 Escalade ESV, 2014 ATS, 2015 ATS, 2016 Escalade
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KGcadillac said:
Just as the title says should I get a discount for paying cash?
Yes, you will not be paying interest?
You are correct, however Cadillac has 0 interest financing for 36 months and was wondering if I paid cash would I get a better price (cash only price) or would it be the same price if I did the 0 interest financing offer.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Why do you think you might be entitled to a discount due to the payment method you have chosen??

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Actually you might be able to get a better sale price by financing through the dealer as they sometimes get a kick back from the banks they use. It would take some figuring to see if you could save money by financing and then paying off the loan after a couple months as opposed to paying straight cash. If you can find an honest salesman and dealer finance guy they would know best.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Actually you might be able to get a better sale price by financing through the dealer as they sometimes get a kick back from the banks they use. It would take some figuring to see if you could save money by financing and then paying off the loan after a couple months as opposed to paying straight cash. If you can find an honest salesman and dealer finance guy they would know best.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Correct. Saying "I'm paying cash" means absolutely nothing, as financing will always help a bit, if anything at all, in case there is a couple hundred or less in a flat fee from the bank to the dealer for the loan.

Cash is a hindrance, not a help. In reality, either way, the money is still the same, whether it's your check or the bank with loan, but the loan can help if trying to needle over a couple of dollars.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I pay for all my cars/trucks, unless someone like GM is offering 0%, you can not beat Zero, having said that some dealerships will give a bigger discount with a cash/check deal I have found thru the years, always ask it never hurts, and in many cases it helps, but usually on ordered cars/trucks there is NO additional discount. :)

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
31 Posts
Most dealers actually hate cash buyers - they would much prefer someone who is going to come in and finance for 60 months because in most cases they get some sort of "juice" on the back end. So paying cash isn't going to entice them to offer a better deal, they get paid in full either way.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
I got a discount once for trying to put the whole sale on my credit card. The manager flipped, as they usually pay a couple percent or more for every transaction. He tried to refuse the card, but I pointed to the Visa sign on the door...they had no choice, or risk their Visa contract. In the end, he split the card commission with me and I wrote a check.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got a discount once for trying to put the whole sale on my credit card. The manager flipped, as they usually pay a couple percent or more for every transaction. He tried to refuse the card, but I pointed to the Visa sign on the door...they had no choice, or risk their Visa contract. In the end, he split the card commission with me and I wrote a check.
That's a great way to get rewards points. I also try to do that when possible, dealers hate it. Most of the time they have a max dollar amount for credit card transactions related to sales or down payments.

Unfortunately, cash isn't always king when it comes to an automotive dealer. As stated earlier, they usually make some money off financing so they encourage that route when buying. With the zero or low interest options for financing these days, it often makes sense to finance as long as you're some basis points ahead of the interest rate where your money is invested.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
yes
I leased and got a 3 yr lease and aid of it all up front and got a $5K discount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts