Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hmm:

Ive always thought the CTS was a so-so looking car...never liked the interior. I have a 2004 maxima I like very much, but I have a craving for something more powerful, with RWD. So I stopped by a dealer tonight and there was a CTS-V, 2005, I think they were asking $45,000. It happened to be open, and once I sat in it I thought it was extremely badass, and Id like to take it for a spin. The outside enhancements for the V makes it look 100% better, Its sure stealth bomber looking, and makes my max look wimpy. Its the sub 5 second 0-60 that intrigues me about this car, who am I kidding. Is this a car all you current owners are happy you bought? Id liek to hear some owner experiences...im weary of GM.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Take a little time and search well on this forum. Learn as much as you can. If you test drive the V you will buy it. I'd swear that if I took my car door-to-door and gave test drives, I could sell a dozen a day...its all it takes to get hooked.

Coming from a Toyota Spyder, that had not one problem in the four years that I commuted/autoxed/abused...I have been a little disappointed with the issues of the V. To add insult to injury, the service organization of Cadillac doesn't know a great deal about performance vehicles so your dealer's service dept is a huge element on your future happiness.

Even after the issues I've had, there still is not ONE car sold today that could fill the shoes of the V. Its a great commuter/road-trip/twisties/track vehicle that has the lo oks of a beast dressed in a tailored-tux. I can take clients to lunch/dinner in style and grace and then rip the road with passion and power. I really love this car.

And most important, get the '05 before they're gone...the '04s and '05s have the LS6 motor, the '06 has the LS2 motor. I like the fact that my V has the heart of a Z06 Vette.

Again, if you drive it you will own it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COuld anyone shine some light on the rear diff breaking? I know it comes with a 4 yr 50,000 mi warrenty, which is great IMO. Do you think that issue is only with cars that are treated like dragsters? Im pretty easy on a car, anybody log 40k+ have anything to comment on? I know all cars have problems though.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I love my car to death, but I'll be honest, and I hope GM reads this: you will get to know your Cadillac service employees and will realize that most of them don't know a shit about your car. My service manager could have sworn the CTS-V had 16 or 17 inch rims; wanted to smack the taste outa his mouth.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know what you mean about the interior. The boring interior (especially that ugly center-dash pod thing) and the wheel hop are my only complaints about this car. Other than those, I think this car is near perfect.

I must be lucky with my Cadillac dealer because they're pretty knowledgable about the car. They've even told me they'd be happy to do the CAI, headers, exhaust AND the Stealth tune for me when I'm ready.

My only mechanical problem thus far has been a blown horn relay (it stuck "on" until the horns burnt out).

If you're looking for a classy 4-door that'll blow away most anything on the road, I fully recomend the CTS-V. Your biggest frustration will be getting people to play with you. Half think it's a wimpy 6-cylinder that's not worth the trouble and the other half knows they'll get crushed if they try, so most potential victims wont race you.
good luck

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
You're asking a cadillac cts-v forum if you should buy one? You know we are all going to say yes.

·
0 Posts
Yeah Really. What Should We Say. No Dont Buy It. Get A M3. Bahahahhahhahah. Buy One. A V That Is

·
Registered
CTS-V
268 Posts
heavymetals said:
Drive one then decide.

Better yet, try to say you don't want it after you drive it...........:lildevil:
I thought the same thing - "I'll JUST test drive it."

Well, I didn't drive it home THAT night - only b/c it took the dealer two days to find me a Platinum one.

Marty

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat as 04BLACKMAXX is.Except, I want either an STS 4.8L Standard 1SE or the CTS-V.

I went to a local Cadillac dealer today and saw the sticker prices on these.The price they wanted on the 05 CTS-V in Infrared was rediculously higher than what I've heard other people getting them for.However, the car does look incredible in person.The interior IS a little cheap for such a nice car.I know wood grain doesnt scream V-series...but I think if they did wood grain dash accents...I'd be sold.I'm not a fan of the carbon fiber and plastic door panels.However, I realize that the all plastic door panels are lighter, etc...

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
You really need to drive it a significant distance (road trip) to appreciate the interior. I bought mine in Ohio and drove it to FL and wasn't to thrilled with the interior, until I was driving back.....

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
"Should I Buy a CTS-V?"

Absolutely not. Steal one it's cheaper and usually faster. :thumbsup:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,048 Posts
heavymetals said:
Drive one then decide.

Better yet, try to say you don't want it after you drive it...........:lildevil:
You've got to be kidding!!?! If you drive it, then it's all over, baby. DON'T drive it if you want to make an unemotional decision. I'm tellin' ya: DON'T DRIVE IT!:stirpot:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Love mine, like they all are saying- don't drive one if you think you might not want one. This is my first GM in nearly 20 years- Woo-hoo, what fun...

·
Registered
895 Posts
I heard of terrible DSMs and I'm not looking forward to see what he says when I bring my 05 V with the 2nd rear dif howling. My dealer has been real good. Overall, the car has been great and would buy it again.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'd swear that if I took my car door-to-door and gave test drives, I could sell a dozen a day...its all it takes to get hooked.
Great statement.

I drove one and obsessed over the car for six months afterward until I finally couldn't take it anymore. I figured I had a choice between a car payment or my mental health and I chose a car payment; best decision I ever made.:bouncy:

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
04blackmaxx said:
COuld anyone shine some light on the rear diff breaking? I know it comes with a 4 yr 50,000 mi warrenty, which is great IMO. Do you think that issue is only with cars that are treated like dragsters? Im pretty easy on a car, anybody log 40k+ have anything to comment on? I know all cars have problems though.
If you're easy on a car like you say, you probably won't encounter any problems with the differential (or anything else). Drag racing, hard launches, speed shifting all take their toll. A few may have been improperly adjusted from the factory. Apparently, GM - Cadilllac has heard enough feedback from the field that a new differential is being used now. The engine has a monsterous amount of torque. It must be used wisely.

As you can see from the other posts, we love our V's. Try one and see.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts