Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 deville and when I turn the wheel at very low speeds I sometimes (3 - 5 times a week) hear a single pop noice comming from the driver side front end. To be honest I have had this problem for a couple of years and it has not gotten an worst but I want to get the car back in shape since it still looks good and still has very low miles.

I never hear the noise in winter when the weather is cold, only when weather start to warm up. Thinking back I can't remeber hearing the nosie when turning right, only left but I could be wrong.

Any ideas what could this be? I just do not want to get ripped off for something that could be minor.

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
Sounds like it might be a CV joint.
Ranger due you think it could possibly be a top strut mount bearing?

----------

I have a 2002 deville and when I turn the wheel at very low speeds I sometimes (3 - 5 times a week) hear a single pop noice comming from the driver side front end. To be honest I have had this problem for a couple of years and it has not gotten an worst but I want to get the car back in shape since it still looks good and still has very low miles.

I never hear the noise in winter when the weather is cold, only when weather start to warm up. Thinking back I can't remeber hearing the nosie when turning right, only left but I could be wrong.

Any ideas what could this be? I just do not want to get ripped off for something that could be minor.

Do you ever hear it backing up slowly and turning the steering wheel?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Ranger due you think it could possibly be a top strut mount bearing?
Sure, in fact that may be the case if it happens while turning the wheel. If it happens while moving with the wheel turned, then the CV joint would be more likely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts