Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a few weeks of calling around on the remaining new 2014's. I found one that has less than 100 miles and is in a color I like. Three things jumped out at me. Should I be concerned about any of the following?

1. Car has been with the dealer for almost a year. I'm not sure if that much sitting is good for the car.

2. Service record shows the check engine light came on a few weeks ago for "Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Intermittent". Dealer said it was caused by cold weather.

3. Service record shows that the battery was dead a few weeks ago. I'm assuming this is the result of all the sitting around.

4. The speaker amplifier was replaced a few months ago.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
It's a year old, they owe you an oil change (for starters). Once a battery goes full discharge it has been compromised (to a greater extent); ask for a new one. As far as the emissions, usually not a difficult thing to fix, if broken; could also be a loose gas cap (oh yeah, forgot, not gas cap, uses the gas-flap; maybe it was just the weather). If the price is right (and I mean really right), I think I might 'go for it' (there is still the warranty, which should begin with your purchase date).

·
Registered
none
25 Posts
How did you get the service records? I ask because I am also looking to buy a new 2014 CTS with a 2013 build date

·
Registered
14 CTS 2.0T, (traded 08 CTS 3.6)
136 Posts
The only thing I'd be curious about is why they would have to replace the amplifier in a car that wasn't being used. When I bought my previous CTS in 2008, it was sitting at the back of a cold lot in a MN winter with a completely dead battery. They charged and just said to let them know if there were any problems with it. At 7 years and 100M it was still going strong. Depending on how well you like the deal and whether you can find a similar deal someplace else, those would be pretty minor concerns to me.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,245 Posts
See if it was a service loaner.

----------

See if it was a service loaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts