Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I just made some changes to the system and things seem to be moving along much faster now.. Do you notice the difference? If things get slow again - like they were - please let me know...

Thanks...

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is the only site that it takes a long time to load.. and I have cable internet so it should be quicker.. just lettin you know

·
Registered
513 Posts
yeah, it used to be faster when i just joined, then it got really slow and today it doesnt even load sometimes (except for the CadillacForums.com banner with the sixteen grille shot on top and the links) :suspect:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Pimpin_Whity said:
yeah, it used to be faster when i just joined, then it got really slow and today it doesnt even load sometimes (except for the CadillacForums.com banner with the sixteen grille shot on top and the links) :suspect:
I had the same problem today too from 10ish EST to now 12EST PM of course

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I had trouble around 3-4 in the afternoon today and still a little earlier this evening. Im not getting messages but the page will either fail to load past the top banner or it will take a long time to load the Forum portion.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That top banner section never changed - so it's cached in your machines. It doesn't have to load.. The forums, on the other hand, change constantly. So you need to download the new information every time the page loads...

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Just FYI, I was on last night between 9:00-10:00 Central time and a couple of pages just wouldn't load for me when I tried to access them from the 'new posts' search page. Then I went back to the home page and was able to access them through their individual forums.

Seems pretty fast this morning, though.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
carnerd said:
This is the only site that it takes a long time to load.. and I have cable internet so it should be quicker.. just lettin you know
We've usually got between 200 and 300 people on at the same time. The number you see in Who's Online only represents the forums.. The rest of the site has people on it as well - and they aren't accounted for..

My question is - are these other sites you're on as busy as this one? Do they have forums with as many people online? Your answer will help me to figure out how abnormal this is...

I'm guessing the pages load slower during peak hours...

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
We've usually got between 200 and 300 people on at the same time. The number you see in Who's Online only represents the forums.. The rest of the site has people on it as well - and they aren't accounted for..

My question is - are these other sites you're on as busy as this one? Do they have forums with as many people online? Your answer will help me to figure out how abnormal this is...

I'm guessing the pages load slower during peak hours...
Sal,
EVERY other site is fine BUT this one when i go during peak hours. During the morning its fine at night its very hard to do anything on this site and i have a T1 access at home plus cable.
I can tell when it gets better b/c things flow more easily with nav. through the sites. The other parts of the sites are slow to its anything associated with www.cadillacforums.com

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Okay. This is a very important question.. Is this only a problem with the forums? Or is it a problem on the pages outside the forums - at www.cadillacforums.com?
I have noticed that the main problem is in the forums but there is lag outside the forums but not bad enough to hear me bitch about it

·
Registered
06 DTS Luxury II-?, 98 Eldorado-Crimson Pearl
512 Posts
Big DITTO. its really slow while in the forums, going back after reading a post, etc.:suspect:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay. I've got an idea how to fix this. It'll require some programming but I'm up to the task. It wont be like this for long...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Im getting what most people said.

Yesterday, I got on the forums and went to a couple things, and I just got the thing at the top. I gave up and didnt come back!

·
Registered
513 Posts
it's just the forum itself Sal, the rest loads faster, but this still is one of the slowest sites i usually go to :crying:

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I keep having trouble loading pages here too.
It's just with this site. Everything else pops up almost instantly.

Satellite connection here.

Who is your host, Sal?

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually, I'm the host.. The trouble is with that skyscraper ad to the left. I need to figure out a way to get the page to load first - and then the ad last. I don't really care if the ad doesn't show up most of the time - but I need it atleast some of the time. It helps..

I'm going to change the skyscraper to a banner and add it in After the footer - but that's going to take some tweaking that I'll need help with.. The reason the top images come up with no problem is because that gets loaded first - before the ad. The ad loads at the same time as the forum - and that's the problem...

I'm close...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I don't know why, but for a week now I can only access the site from work. At home it just disappears after about 15-20 seconds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts