Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a shorted MAP sensor signal what exactly does this mean? I replaced the MAP sensor with no improvement to stalling yet thats the code that keeps registering. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Whenever you get a DTC that mentions something "shorted" or "open", the first thing to do is disconnect the sensor and troubleshoot the sensor itself.
If the DTC points to a shorted sensor, disconnecting the sensor should change the DTC to an "open" circuit. If not, the trouble is in the harness nad NOT the sensor itself.
If the DTC points to an "open" circuit, disconnect the sensor and connect a jumper wire across the leads of the harness-side of the connector and the DTC should switch to a "short circuit". If not, the problem is in the harness and not the sensor.
Using a little common sense like this will save you money everytime.
You have to understand that the computer doesn't know WHERE the problem is, it just knows there's a problem in the circuit.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katshot said:
Whenever you get a DTC that mentions something "shorted" or "open", the first thing to do is disconnect the sensor and troubleshoot the sensor itself.
If the DTC points to a shorted sensor, disconnecting the sensor should change the DTC to an "open" circuit. If not, the trouble is in the harness nad NOT the sensor itself.
If the DTC points to an "open" circuit, disconnect the sensor and connect a jumper wire across the leads of the harness-side of the connector and the DTC should switch to a "short circuit". If not, the problem is in the harness and not the sensor.
Using a little common sense like this will save you money everytime.
You have to understand that the computer doesn't know WHERE the problem is, it just knows there's a problem in the circuit.

Did all of what you said.

Disconnecting it not only sets P032 = Open MAP Signal and causes the MIL to come on, but it also runs like the shits.

Putting it back in corrects it! It's only when its cutting out does it register the code! Normal idling operation is fine!

This stalling is really getting to me. Could it be the coil pack? Also the soot on the exhaust reappears when I wipe it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts