Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've had the '04 V around for 24 hours and driven it all of 60 miles and can't stand the POS shifter...it is terrible to put it lightly! I sear that the '05 I drove was far better but maybe it is just new vs. 7K miles that makes the difference.

I have read several post here about GM service issues and warranty fights over mods which is one reason I went with the Corsa exhaust and will do the FG2 setup as oppossed to the Penske and coilovers.

Am I asking for warranty trouble if I put the UUC shifter in there? And yes I know of Mag. Moss but really don't want a fight everytime I have a problem with the car!

It seems to me that the UUC is the best option. At least it has been the best for BMWs for quite sometime. I'm not looking for much of a reduction, just to get the slop out as it ruins a great car! :bomb:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Blacksport350 said:
Okay, I've had the '04 V around for 24 hours and driven it all of 60 miles and can't stand the POS shifter...it is terrible to put it lightly! I sear that the '05 I drove was far better but maybe it is just new vs. 7K miles that makes the difference.

I have read several post here about GM service issues and warranty fights over mods which is one reason I went with the Corsa exhaust and will do the FG2 setup as oppossed to the Penske and coilovers.

Am I asking for warranty trouble if I put the UUC shifter in there? And yes I know of Mag. Moss but really don't want a fight everytime I have a problem with the car!

It seems to me that the UUC is the best option. At least it has been the best for BMWs for quite sometime. I'm not looking for much of a reduction, just to get the slop out as it ruins a great car! :bomb:

There were a couple of UUC duds BUT I still have the prototype and it works great. I would never go back to the OEM. Go with the UUC.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Black/Black
157 Posts
:yeah:
Dealer/tech would not know that you don't have stock shifter. You are not changing anything that can cause any failure. I like mine :D

·
Registered
2005 Light Platinum CTS-V
59 Posts
Where do you get the UUC Shifter ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.