Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac AWD
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '12 Escalade that I have put a LOT of money into new magnetic ride struts. First at 80k miles, then again at about 120k miles. I had the work done at the dealership and they guaranteed the parts for 36 months. Low and behold, I got 39 months out of them!!!I'm looking to "run this one into the ground" and try to make it last for anther 12-24 months. It currently has 144k on the clock but it badly needs the front struts replaced (AGAIN!!).

Are there options for doing a non-magnetic ride replacement? I'm just looking for a more cost effective way to replace them. I know in the past people were able to use Tahoe/Yukon struts at quite a savings. I'm open to about anything at this point!

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac AWD
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I found this thread and I'm working through it now. What happened to the search function?!?

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,240 Posts
My 2008 has road-sensing electronic suspension which has the same layout as the magneride. I am the original owner with 175k miles now. I replaced the fronts at 90k and the rear at 105k, which is not so bad since I live in NYC. My wife has a 2016 Tahoe LTZ with Magneride. Every time I drive her car I get sick after driving all day. I recommend you go stock, BWI is the new manufacture for GM and the fell much better than the old GM Goodwrench. Magneride is for a Corvette or high-end sports car, not a Cadillac truck. The reason why we buy Cadillacs is that they are more comfortable to drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BlkSled,
Did you have any issues with the system still throwing a code even though you had the bypass sensor plugged in??
TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts