Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am doing some renewels on my SUV and I need for a Cadillac Escalade 2007 standard SUV the following:

-1- A better set of shock absorbers , front and rear .
-2- Bigger brake rotor kit , front and rear. I am driving 24"s.
-3- A sway bar kit .
-4- The best spark plugs that can deliver best performance.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking about these parts , what do you guys think of them or anybody who already installed such parts:

-1- EBC YELLOWSTUFF STREET AND TRACK OR TRUCK UPGRADE BRAKE PADS,Front And Rear.
-2- EBC 3GD SPORT BRAKE ROTORS, DIMPLED AND SLOTTED, VENTED, BLACK ZINC Front and Rear.
-3-
Hotchkis Sport Suspension Sport Anti-Roll Bar Kit.
-4- TR5IX 7397 NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs.
-5-
MSD Ignition Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Set, ( But I do not know the part number required ).
-6- Shock absorbers , still do not know , any SUGGESTIONS !!!!!!......

Thanks.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV, Range Rover Overfinch 480S, E500 4Matic
47 Posts
Changing only the rotors/pads will hardly net you any improvement. It might, however, reduce you braking performance due to decreasing the surface area on your rotors due to the dimples, slots & vents.

If you want to improve braking, and not just the looks, you are going to need to upgrade the calipers and carriers with something that allows a larger diameter rotor.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,354 Posts
I have Baer big brake kits front and rear on one of my 10' and have the parts for the 11' as well, if you really want to stop these are the ticket, 15" rotors. :) Hotchkis sway bars work great, have had them on all 7 Escalade's. Use NGK Iridium's in all my cars/trucks.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys,

I am not looking for the looks only , but also performance, because with the stock rotors , the braking distance with the 24"s is really undesirable, especially in summer.
But the thing is , the Baer Rotors upgrade is really kinda pricey , and I think I will sell my SUV this summer so don't want to spend a lot of money on it now and then sell it, but still want to have a decent performance out of it while I still own it.
Any suggestions for shocks..

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you are going to sell it this summer, why are you upgrading everything?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got a settlement from my insurance company for my wheels, so I am exchanging my wheels , ( getting the Lexani LX-10 24" Chrome lip and Chrome/Black center , custom painted ), and still have some extra money , so I said what the heck, and it will raise the value of the Truck when all these extras are on.
The Truck is in Europe not in the USA, and they do not have such upgrades or parts over there, so it does matter on the resale value.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have like 22,000 miles on the truck, the sway bar bushings show some tear and wear, the shock absorber do have traces of oil on them with accumulated dust all over, so I just wanted to enhance the Truck a little bit more.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have any idea where are these rotors made , I heard that they are Korean made !!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not sure where you heard that, but R1 Concepts use the SAME rotor blanks as Stoptech. They are all made from Centric in California.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just called MSD to see which part number is for the MSD Ignition Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Set and they said that there might be tow types one is 8 inch part # : 32819 and the other one is 12 inch part # : 32829 . so not sure which one is it. !! any ideas.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Remove Product Info Quantity Price*
New Bilstein / Arnott Front Shock Replacement Kit
CADILLAC Air Suspension Parts - Escalade - 2007-2010 (All models. *Including ESV & EXT*)
Base Price: $389.00

$389.00
New Bilstein/Arnott Rear Air Shock Kit (pair)
CADILLAC Air Suspension Parts - Escalade - 2007-2010 (All models. *Including ESV & EXT*)

The price includes a $50.00 refundable core deposit. After we receive your core, you will get a $50.00 refund.
Base Price: $419.00

$419.00
Subtotal:
Total:
$808.00
$808.00

What do you think of these shocks ?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
I have Baer big brake kits front and rear on one of my 10' and have the parts for the 11' as well, if you really want to stop these are the ticket, 15" rotors. :) Hotchkis sway bars work great, have had them on all 7 Escalade's. Use NGK Iridium's in all my cars/trucks.
Best recommendation...I used all these on my 2007 EXT (and EBC Yellow pads) with great success with 24" wheels....Shocks I used were the 2009 Magnetic Ride shocks but this is not a recommended for the faint of heart because wiring and programming changes are required. Stock replacement shocks or low mileage used ones would be my thought but only if absolutely required. Aftermarket shocks might set codes (alarms) that might be difficult to override or explain with conviction to a potential buyer. I would think a lowering kit would give more return for the expenditure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts