Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put monroe sensa track shocks at all 4 corners of my 96 FWB or are they for front or back only?

·
Registered
1996 FWB with V4P in gold and 1995 FWB in white
9 Posts
Re: Shocks

You must look , the rear shocks should be have a connection for the air from the compressor for the level / niveau control.
But what shocks do you need i cant say sorry , it was only this little tip.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,728 Posts

Hi Tommy! Yes, you will have Level Ride air shocks out back.

As for shocks... Sensa Tracs are not a great choice. They have a well earned nickname of SensaCraps. However, your roads are among the smoothest in North America, so they will deliver a cushy ride, they just won't last long.

·
Registered
94 Fleet Bro, 64 Deville. Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville
587 Posts

Yeah, what Jay said! Monroe shocks suck! I'm on my 3rd set of shocks ( 3 set of new ones up front, 2nd time for rears). Here in California, our freeways and streets are in horrible shape, you'd think with all the high taxes we pay our roads would be in pristine condition, well that can't be further from the truth. The streets are bumpy, uneven, and falling apart in every city, so that has had a lot to do with my shocks wearing out in a year or so. The weight our cars, and the pounding it takes in many major cities across this country with crappy roadways, shocks won't last very long at all.

I've upgraded to Monroe OEM Spectrum shocks which do feel better, but are stiffer than the Monroe Matics I had in the past. Next time, I'm just going to go with KYB's, as they are much better in quality from what many auto shops have told me.

You could always get the Monroe Max-Air shocks that have a manual air valve. No need to hook it up the compressor that's if it doesn't work. I have these shocks on my car, and so far they've been ok, a little stiff as well, but nobody makes softy shocks anymore.

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies guys. The parts store had nothing in stock really, got some super cheapo gas matics for the front & max airs for the back.

image-787030415.jpg

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New shocks installed, rides real good now! I'm excited but the woman & kids are oblivious ???

·
Registered
1993 Fleetwood & 1993 Chevy C-1500
18 Posts

New shocks installed, rides real good now! I'm excited but the woman & kids are oblivious 
How did you hook up the rear shocks to the compressor? I have to do a shock job on my 93 and know the left one controls the right to equalize the two for proper ride height. My compressor is under the driver seat but the theory is the same.

·
Registered
93 Eldorado 4.9, 95 Fleetwood 5.7 LT1.
447 Posts

My compressor is under the driver seat but the theory is the same.
The air ride compressor in a 93 FWB is not under your seat, its in the rear bolted to the frame ahead of the dif cross-member outside of the car.

1993_Fleetwood.JPG

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not_lt1 said:
How did you hook up the rear shocks to the compressor? I have to do a shock job on my 93 and know the left one controls the right to equalize the two for proper ride height. My compressor is under the driver seat but the theory is the same.
I had them installed at a local shop

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
New shocks installed, rides real good now! I'm excited but the woman & kids are oblivious 
My wife STILL hasn't figured out that I replaced the 18" polished aluminum wheels the Cadillac 18" accessory chrome wheels (hard to find, and Expensive) on her 2011 CTS and that was done Christmas 2013!!!

And she drives the car every day.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts