Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the temp drops to around 0 degrees or colder my shocks seem to make a creaking noise because of the cold temp. Anytime its warmer then that its fine. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this. Seems to be all of them when I hit a big enough bump or hit a speed bump. Don't know if its worth taking in to a dealership since i'm gonna have to prove this to them so I'll have to book a freezing cold day which will be impossible since you have to book a week or two in advance.

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
yes. i had mine lubed the other day and it seems to have subsided... 'course it was 70 today...

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
Where exactly did they lube, those two ball joints?
Apparently, I got my shaft lubed.

From my paperwork:

"The first noise was when pulling into a slight incline like a driveway or an elevated parking lot. We found PI# PIC5362 for removing and expecting the rear shocks. After inspection found that the shocks were up to date so I complete the rest of the PI by lubing the shock shaft and then reinstalling shocks. After repair retest drove and that noise was no longer present."

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for a fact that my front and rear creak because I hear them when I hit a speedbump slowly. Does anyone know why they do this when its cold? When its warm there fine.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
165 Posts
I have 2 new front shocks and i had the creak. It was not the shocks but the control arms. Some rubber piece in the control arm was creaking.. They are getting replaced as we speak adding to my long list of parts replaced.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
105 Posts
I never had issues until I added the D3 springs and then the squeaking was terrible. The silencers helped a little but as time went by the noise subsided. I was hoping it would irritate my wife enough so that it would give me a good reason to get that exhaust but it didnt work :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts