Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Cts4. After driving approximately 10 miles the transmission wont shift out of 2nd gear. I have to put in manual shift mode just to drive in 2nd gear or it will try shifting up, only to slip and have nothing. I just changed fluid and filter a few months ago . It drives fine at first and then after it sits a little while it's ok again till I drive it several miles again. So over this car and all the issues I've had

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
I'm guessing that you're certain the fluid is at the appropriate level.
What was your motivation for the transmission service to begin with-- routine or problematic?

Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4
Discussion Starter #3
I bought this car Feb 4th 2019. Payment after down payment is only 265 a mth for 38 mths. I could have paid the car off in the first year with all the mechanical issues that I've had and money I've put into it,and that's me doing 80% of the labor. Anyways, yes I changed filter and fluid approx 8 months ago, after our of the blue, one day I backed up from a parking stall and put in drive and it didnt engage into drive for 10 seconds or so. That was first time I noticed any slippage at all and within 4 days I was on way to work and it just stopped moving. First thoughts was yikes tranny gone. So figured I'd take pan off and check fluid and filter and sure enough it had never been changed, and filter was clogged. Bought car with 125k miles approx and apparently the dealer felt no need to do anything but gas and clean the car I think. Car has run fine since up till about a month ago when driving 1 day , pulling from a stop, when it went to shift into 4th gear, I had nothing and within seconds the wheels locked up at 45mph, as the transmission had shifted back down into 1st gear. After finding an area to pull over, I let it set for 30 min and tried to drive again, and I was fine for another 10 Mike's when it happened again. Ever since I can still drive car and it drives fine till I get 25-30 miles on it then it wont shift out of 2nd unless during my driving I spend time in a store or something b4 driving back home and then I have no issues. But continuous driving I'm done by 30 miles

2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
"and it didnt engage into drive for 10 seconds or so. " classic "sticking solenoid". Can also happen at Stop lights/signs.
Add a can of Seafoam Transtune, drive a few hundred miles, change oil and filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts