Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS Luxury III
184 Posts
When I was young I was driven around in cadillacs with leather seats like those. I wish I could get wide comfy seats like those in my DTS. I am really disappointed in the seats and the ride in general. It is pretty harsh over bumps compared to the older cars. Also, I don't know if this is a problem with mine, the accelerator pedal vibrates when I hit bumps. That is pretty annoying.

12,821 Posts
Just taking a look at some dts pics from 2006 to 2011 and i see some have the shifter on the steering colum ? Any reason for this ?
I agree with HartfordGuy. The bench seating option would have placed the shifter on the steering column. This is the same situation that I have seen recently for the Chevrolet Impala. When the bench seating option is ordered then the shifting stalk would be located on the steering column. I would also then agree with Kenwood. The Northstar engines did not have our Active Fuel Management system in them. It did have a "limp-home" mode that would shut down 4 cylinders during a catastrophic loss of coolant. 4 cylinders would run and the other 4 would pump air to cool the engine to allow the drive to get to a safe place with the vehicle. Glad to see so many nostaligic owners and the following that Cadillac has garnered over the years to not have dimmed or tarnished(at least in this group). `

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
The saddest thing about looking at the interior of that old deVille is not the beautiful tufting of the seats, or that it's fabric (which lasts just as long as leather and holds you in better without needing ventilation to prevent sweating), or that it's not just black or beige, or that the carpetiing looks like carpeting and not just long haired mouse fur. It's that there's no mistaking it for the interior of a Chevy. Put some soft padding on the doors and change the line of the wood trim on the dash, remove the bowtie and put the Cadillac crest in the middle of the steering wheel, and voila! You've turned an Impala into a DTS.....

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES
212 Posts
It's almost overwhelming to count how many Cadillac wreath and crests are located in the interior of those cars. At least we still have the seats...more than most cars today.

·
Registered
1968 Eldorado
785 Posts
The Chevy Caprice used to be called a poor mans Cadillac. I have a 1975 auto test magazine that said the same thing about a 75 Coupe Deville. Obviously this says alot about the high style and comfort of the Chevrolet product. But I have always felt that it was better to buy a slightly used Cadillac than a brand new Chevy for the same money. No matter how nice that Impala is, your neighbors still know it is a Chevy. :)

12,821 Posts
When I was young I was driven around in cadillacs with leather seats like those. I wish I could get wide comfy seats like those in my DTS. I am really disappointed in the seats and the ride in general. It is pretty harsh over bumps compared to the older cars. Also, I don't know if this is a problem with mine, the accelerator pedal vibrates when I hit bumps. That is pretty annoying.
Have you ever had the vehicle checked for this issue that you're having with your accelerator pedal to see if it can be resolved? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
1968 Eldorado
785 Posts
. I am really disappointed in the seats and the ride in general. It is pretty harsh over bumps compared to the older cars. Also, I don't know if this is a problem with mine, the accelerator pedal vibrates when I hit bumps. That is pretty annoying.
What tires are you running it on? Lower profile tires can give you are harsh ride.

·
Registered
2007 DTS Luxury III
184 Posts
It is going back to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they can help.

The tires are 3 month old Michelin Primacy MXV4. In the standard 17" size. It is the Lux 3 so whatever size that comes with.

·
Registered
2007 DTS Luxury III
184 Posts
Yeah, there is a long story with this car. There is another thread with some of it in there. I bought the car and it had a horrible vibration, I took it in and they said they balanced the wheels, The display said the tires were over 40 PSI, the car calls for 30. The vibration was still there, even at the correct pressure. I had it checked by a tire shop I have used for years and they told me the tires were out of round and dry rotted. The new michelins are much, much better and the car drives great but I feel the car is still too rough over bumps. It definitely isn't like the old fleetwoods I've been in.

I didn't get to take the car in yesterday. I couldn't verify an appointment. The last time I went without one I was turned away. I think they called me this morning so I need to get back to them.

·
Registered
1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
852 Posts
I have always enjoyed having the column shifter on my 95 Deville and was a bit disappointed when I saw the newer DTS' without it. It made me feel like it was more like an STS than anything else. But when I found out there was the option to get the column shifter I was ecstatic. I'm not sure about others problems with the column shifter blocking anything but mine doesn't block anything.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 DTS with the column shifter , When i went to test drive it, i wasn't aware that some had the column shifter.

When i returned home i was thinking to myself where and why was there no center console .

But now i like it kind of gives it that old school feel.

2006 DTS 57,775 miles :cool2:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your 2006 DTS? I ask because I'm thinking of a sell price for my 2006 when I get my new engine next week. Thanks

21 - 36 of 36 Posts