Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandmother's CTS has this weird problem. Sometimes after it is parked, the key won't come out of the ignition. I found out that if I tap the shifter forward, it clicks and then the key is released. I'm assuming that even though it has been moved up to the park position, it sometimes just doesn't click into the appropriate notch without an extra little nudge. Is this a common problem with the CTS? It isn't a huge deal - after I tell my grandma about five times that she just needs to nudge the shifter when the key won't come out, she will probably remember - but I would expect better from a $30k car. Is there a TSB about this problem, or a simple fix?

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
My 04 does this all the time. I had a parking lot attendant who could not get the keys out, and the battery went dead. Cadillac garage says that is just the way it is.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
My 04 does this all the time. I had a parking lot attendant who could not get the keys out, and the battery went dead. Cadillac garage says that is just the way it is.
Man that is bullshit... "that is just the way it is" FFFFFFFF THAT!!!!!!!! FIX IT!

Oh and :welcome: to the forums!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts