Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend where in the truck state area I can bring my 2004 cts v to fix an issue with shifter. What is happening is that I have issues getting to gear. I spoke to GM and they provided me with a part # 15276076 outer shifter links. It turns out they discontinued and I need to get that fixed. That is the only part I haven’t change. Any suggestions on where I can get that replaced?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,194 Posts
I moved your thread from the V6 CTS forum to the CTS-V forum. Just about every CTS-V owner has had to mess around with the shifter, so you should find good info here in the CTS-V General Discussion forum and in the Performance Mods forum.

Now, with that said... You said "that is the only part that I haven't change". So what have you changed?

And if you've truly swapped everything, and you're still having problems finding gears, it could be a clutch issue. When was the last time your clutch hydraulics were bled? Do you still have the original clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thank you for replying. I replaced the whole clutch, sleeve cylinder, rebuilt transmission, new shifter and new transmission mount. I bled the clutch hydraulic about a month ago. As far as replacing clutch master and slave , it was replaced. The only thing I didn’t change was the outside linkage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts